Kashi, 7 Whole Grain Pilaf, 3 - 6.5 oz Packets
- The Original 7 Whole Grains & Sesame
- One Bowl Has a Day's Whole Grains
The Seven Whole Grain Company Story
In 1984, our mission to help people enjoy more healthy foods was sparked by our passion for whole grain nutrition. After mixing grains and seeds for months in our hometown of La Jolla, California, we chose our unique blend of Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame for its supreme nutritional profile - a complete plant protein with energy sustaining complex carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. Our heritage blend started out as Kashi Pilaf, but continues to inspire nearly every food we make.
Whole Grains for Health
Whole grains are truly one of nature's premier superfoods. Sure, they're known for their fiber content, but they're also packed with hundreds of beneficial phytochemicals, selenium and vitamin E. Eating more whole grains is associated with a reduced risk of heart disease, a healthier body mass index, more hunger satisfaction and better blood sugar balance; all important factors to maintaining a healthy weight and feeling great.
Whole grains also provide a variety of colors, textures, shapes and flavors, which adds up to pure eating enjoyment something we believe is equally important to great health.
But how much is enough? Experts recommend 3 or more servings of whole grains per day. Beginning your day with Kashi cereal is an excellent start.
*Nutritionists recommend eating at least 3 1-oz equivalents of whole grain products daily (about 16 g whole grains/serving or 48/day). A serving of Kashi Pilaf provides all of the recommended 48 g of whole grains...so dig in!
- Bring 2 cups of water or vegetable broth to a boil on high heat.
- Add 1 packet (1 cup) of Kashi Pilaf. Keep covered for softer texture or uncovered for chewier texture.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook until water is absorbed (about 25 minutes).
- If desired, add 1/4 cup more water and continued to cook until absorbed for softer texture.
- Serve hot as a base for stir-frys, stuffings, side dishes, breakfast or dessert!
- Allow to cool, and refrigerate or freeze unused Kashi Pilaf.
Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame(whole oats, whole long grain brown rice, whole rye, whole hard red winter wheat, whole triticale, whole barley, whole buckwheat, whole sesame seeds).
Contains wheat ingredients.
|Serving Size: 1/2 cup cooked (140g/4.9 oz)|
|Servings Per Container: About 12|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||3 g*||5%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
*Amount in cereal. One half cup of fat free milk contributes an additional 40 calories, 65 mg sodium, 6 g total carbohydrates (6 g sugars) and 4 g protein.
* *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Potassium||3,500 mg||3,500 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram: Fat 9, Carbohydrate 4, Protein 4|