Categories Food, Groceries Baked Goods
Categories Food, Groceries Gluten Free Foods
King Arthur Flour, Gluten Free Bread Mix, 18.25 oz (517 g)
- Dedicated Gluten-Free Manufacturing Facility
- Wheat Free
- Great for Pizza Too!
- Easy to Prepare
- Certified Gluten-Free
- 100% Committed to Quality
This box contains: One bag bread mix and one yeast packet.
You will need:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 1 3/4 cups lukewarm milk (95ºF)
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
For a dairy version: use 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water instead of butter and milk. Follow directions below.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the melted butter or oil, milk, and eggs. Beat in 1 cup of the mix and the yeast. Add the remaining mix a cup at a time. After each addition, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then beat on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. When all the mix has been added, beat on medium-high speed for an additional 2 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let the batter rise for 30 minutes.
- Stir to deflate. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" or 9" x 5" loaf pan, leaving the middle domed in a traditional loaf shape. With wet fingers, gently smooth the surface. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cover the pan with greased plastic wrap, leaving room for expansion. Let the bread rise until the middle is crowned 1" over the rim of the pan. This will take 20 to 40 minutes, depending on room temperature. Carefully remove the plastic wrap.
- Bake the bread until it's golden brown and the center registers 200º-210ºF on an instant-read thermometer. This will take 50 to 60 minutes. Remove it from the oven; turn it out of the pan, and cool on a rack.
Yield: 1 loaf
Our gluten-free bread stays fresh longer than other brands. Enjoy until the last slice. Store airtight and enjoy within 3 days, or freeze.
Bread Mix: Specialty flour blend (rice flour, tapioca starch), tapioca starch, potato starch, sugar, emulsifier (rice starch, polyglycerol esters of fatty acids, mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids), salt, xanthan gum, calcium carbonate, niacinamide (A B vitamin), reduced iron, thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2). Dry Yeast: Yeast, sorbitan monostearate, ascorbic acid.
Produced in a dedicated gluten-free manufacturing facility.
Do not eat raw flour, dough or batter.
|Serving Size: about 3 Tbsp. mix (32 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||5||40|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||0 g*||0%||7%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%||13%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g||9%||9%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%||4%|
|*Amount in mix. Prepared contributes an additional 50 Calories (35 Calories from Fat), 4.5 g Total Fat (2.5 g Saturated Fat), 45 mg Cholesterol, 50 mg Sodium, 1 g Total Carbohydrate (1 g Sugars), 2 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|