Categories Food, Groceries Baked Goods
Categories Food, Groceries Gluten Free Foods
King Arthur Flour, GlutenFree Chocolate Cake Mix, 22 oz (624 g)
- Dedicated Gluten-Free Manufacturing Facility
- Wheat Free
- Makes 2 Layers
- Cake Stays Moist Longer
- Certified Gluten-Free
- 100% Committed to Quality
How does America's oldest flour company go gluten-free? That's what we asked ourselves when our customers began requesting - no, imploring - us to help them in their quest for delicious gluten-free baked goods.
With the same high standards we apply to all of our products, we've created what we're sure you'll agree are the very best gluten-free mixes on the market today. We've carefully blended wholesome, gluten-free ingredients into these easy-to-use mixes, then tested and re-tested to ensure your success. We guarantee that your experience with our mixes will be enjoyable, fulfilling and, most of all, great-tasting.
King Arthur Flour gluten-free mixes - a taste the whole family will enjoy!
Our gluten-free cake stays moist longer than other brands. Enjoy until the last bite.
Glutenfree Chocolate Cake
You Will Need:
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (325°F if using glass or dark metal pans). Lightly grease two 8" or 9" round layer pans; or one 9" x 13" pan; or 24 cupcake papers in muffin pans.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the oil, vanilla, and one egg into the mix. Add the remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the water 1/3 cup at a time. After each addition, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and beat on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, and the top springs back when lightly pressed: 8" layers (25 to 35 minutes), 9" layers (20 to 28 minutes), cupcakes (18 to 22 minutes), or a 9" x 13" pan (24 to 28 minutes).
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out of the pan to cool completely on a rack.
Yield: two 8" or 9" round layers; or one 9" x 13" cake; or 24 cupcakes.
Sugar, modified tapioca starch, rice flour, cocoa (processed with alkali), potato starch, emulsifier (rice starch, polyglycerol esters of fatty acids, mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids), baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), salt, xanthan gum.
Produced in a dedicated gluten-free manufacturing facility.
Do not eat raw flour, dough or batter.
Store airtight and enjoy within 3 days, or freeze.
|Serving Size: about 1/4 cup mix (45 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 14|
|Amount Per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||20||120|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||2 g*||3%||21%|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g||7%||15%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||37 g||12%||12%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%||7%|
|*Amount in Mix. Prepared contributes an additional 110 Calories (100 Calories from Fat), 12 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 60 mg Cholesterol, 10 mg Sodium, 2 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|