King Arthur Flour, GlutenFree Chocolate Cake Mix, 22 oz (624 g)4 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.77 lbs (0.8 kg)
- Product Code: KNG-07505
- UPC Code: 071012075058
- Package Quantity: 22 oz (624 g)
- Dimensions: 2.1 x 5.3 x 7.6 in, 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg)
- Dedicated Gluten-Free Manufacturing Facility
- Wheat Free
- Makes 2 Layers
- Cake Stays Moist Longer
- Certified Gluten-Free
- 100% Committed to Quality
How does America's oldest flour company go gluten-free? That's what we asked ourselves when our customers began requesting - no, imploring - us to help them in their quest for delicious gluten-free baked goods.
With the same high standards we apply to all of our products, we've created what we're sure you'll agree are the very best gluten-free mixes on the market today. We've carefully blended wholesome, gluten-free ingredients into these easy-to-use mixes, then tested and re-tested to ensure your success. We guarantee that your experience with our mixes will be enjoyable, fulfilling and, most of all, great-tasting.
King Arthur Flour gluten-free mixes - a taste the whole family will enjoy!
Our gluten-free cake stays moist longer than other brands. Enjoy until the last bite.
Glutenfree Chocolate Cake
You Will Need:
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (325°F if using glass or dark metal pans). Lightly grease two 8" or 9" round layer pans; or one 9" x 13" pan; or 24 cupcake papers in muffin pans.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the oil, vanilla, and one egg into the mix. Add the remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the water 1/3 cup at a time. After each addition, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and beat on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, and the top springs back when lightly pressed: 8" layers (25 to 35 minutes), 9" layers (20 to 28 minutes), cupcakes (18 to 22 minutes), or a 9" x 13" pan (24 to 28 minutes).
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out of the pan to cool completely on a rack.
Yield: two 8" or 9" round layers; or one 9" x 13" cake; or 24 cupcakes.
Sugar, modified tapioca starch, rice flour, cocoa (processed with alkali), potato starch, emulsifier (rice starch, polyglycerol esters of fatty acids, mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids), baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), salt, xanthan gum.
Produced in a dedicated gluten-free manufacturing facility.
Do not eat raw flour, dough or batter.
Store airtight and enjoy within 3 days, or freeze.
|Serving Size: about 1/4 cup mix (45 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 14|
|Amount Per Serving||Mix||Prepared|
|Calories from Fat||20||120|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||2 g*||3%||21%|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g||7%||15%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||37 g||12%||12%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%||7%|
|*Amount in Mix. Prepared contributes an additional 110 Calories (100 Calories from Fat), 12 g Total Fat (1.5 g Saturated Fat), 60 mg Cholesterol, 10 mg Sodium, 2 g Protein.
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
iHerb Customer Reviews
Have bought this for a couple of years (previously at bricks&mortar store, now online as living in Korea). Always good. Easy & quick to make and tastes great - very chocolate-y. It keeps lovely and moist for about 4 days (not had any left longer than that, to know if it stays moist any lonter!) It is quite dense, so if you like "fluffy" cakes, this is not for you. It has been eaten with relish by celiacs and non-celiacs alike.
very very easy and good taste!