Life Enhancement, ShapeShifter Teas, 0.59 lb (270 g) (Discontinued Item)
- Loyalty credit equals to 10% of the final shopping cart price, excluding shipping charges, and is available to be used toward your next order once your current (last) order has shipped.
- You have a pending credit from a previous order. Once the order is shipped out, the credit will be available.
- Each time you place a new order, a loyalty credit equal to 10% of the value of your order will be given to you.
- Loyalty credits expire 60 days after your last purchase with iHerb.
- Add Lemon Oil, Orange Oil or Lemon Juice if Desired
- A New Designer Food
Durk Pearson & Sandy Shaw's ShapeShifter Teas is a special cocktail of rare teas—Pu-erh and Darjeeling Green—laboriously selected for their health- and weight-management properties. As strategy No. 2 of Durk & Sandy's 21st Century Healthy Weight Program, it is intended to be used in conjunction with strategy No. 1, the selection of low-glycemic-index foods, combined with the use of Durk & Sandy's Glycemic Control product line, and ideally with a regular exercise program.
Durk Pearson & Sandy Shaw's ShapeShifter Teas represents the culmination of Durk & Sandy's investigation of several healthy-weight mechanisms reported in studies of various types of tea. It embodies their choices of the best varieties of these teas for weight management, when used with their entire program.
The multitude of different teas contain various combinations of bioactive ingredients, including: polyphenols; gallated and nongallated catechins; tannins; and monomers, oligomers, and polymers of tea catechins, to name a few. The biological effects of each tea depend on the different "cocktail" of its ingredients and on their chemical interactions.
Among the mechanisms possessed by the most productive of these teas are those that serve the goals of Durk & Sandy's program to...
- Reduce fat synthesis by inhibiting fatty acid synthase†
- Increase malonyl-CoA, the substrate for fatty acid synthase†
- Increase energy expenditure†
- Upregulate PGC-1 alpha (enhancing thermogenesis, mitochondrial biogenesis, and increased antioxidant defenses)†
- Upregulate beta-adrenergic signaling to muscles†
- Inhibit alpha-glucosidase†
- Inhibit lipase†
† References too numerous to include—available on request. The combined elements of a low-glycemic-index diet and ShapeShifter Teas have not been clinically tested, nor are they ever likely to be clinically tested, owing to the enormous costs involved and to the impossibility of recouping such costs on products that cannot be patented.
ShapeShifter Teas incorporates all of these positive mechanisms and possibly more.
To sum up, Durk & Sandy have developed another formulation for their own personal use, to help manage their weight when used with a low-glycemic-index diet and, ideally, exercise combined with InnerPower or InnerPower Plus to improve muscle function and to increase the creation of mitochondria.
Each serving of 1 slightly rounded teaspoon of loose tea should be steeped in a French Tea Press about an hour before drinking. Each full serving makes about 12 fl oz (1 ½ standard cups). Three servings are recommended, on a daily basis. Multiple servings may be made the night before use.
Pu-erh tea, darjeeling green tea.
Store in a cool, dark, dry place. This product should be used within 2 years of purchase or within 1 year after opening.
Safety-sealed for your protection. Return for replacement if the outer seal is broken.
|Serving Size: 1 tablespoon (3 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 90|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Saturated Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000-calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2400 mg||2400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||31 g|