- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $4.00|
- Foundation for Longer Life
- Apple-A-Day Antioxidant
- Dietary Supplement
The benefits of plant polyphenols are well known to health enthusiasts. These natural plant constituents block oxidative damage that leads to inflammation and accelerated biological aging of tissues.
Recent studies by three separate laboratories have concluded that polyphenols extracted from apples extend life span in laboratory models by up to 12%.
Apples and especially their skin, are rich in an array of polyphenols. One particular major bioactive polyphenol, phloridzin, found in the skin of many apple species, has been shown to act as a powerful agent against glycation and other destructive processes in the body. Phloridzin also regulates cell-to-cell signaling and supports healthy glucose levels in those already within normal range by inhibiting the glucose-6-phosphatase enzyme.
Apple polyphenols can slow triglyceride absorption from the intestine by blocking pancreatic lipase, an enzyme specifically required to break down triglyceride fats.
Additional research has shown that apple polyphenols can increase the protective antioxidant molecule, paraoxonase by as much as 23%, thereby inhibiting lipid peroxidation and inflammatory factors.
Along with phloridzin, apples contain chlorogenic acid which supports healthy glucose levels in those already within normal range by inhibiting the glucose-6-phosphatase enzyme, and by increasing some cellular mechanisms that are stimulated by insulin in liver cells.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take one (1) capsule one to four times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, vegetable stearate.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Apple (Malus domestica) extract (fruit and skin) [std. to 50% polyphenols (300 mg) and 5% phloridzin (30 mg), from organically grown apples]||600 mg||**|
|**Daily Value not established|