Life Extension, European Milk Thistle, 120 Softgels (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Sealed for Your Protection
- Foundation for Longer Life
- Advanced Phospholipid Delivery
- Dietary Supplement
Milk thistle extract is one of nature's most potent weapons to support liver health. Until recently, however, the technology hasn't been available to fully harness this plant's full benefits. The problem has been the star component of milk thistle, called silybin, does not dissolve well in water. This makes it difficult for your body to absorb all of it. Scientists have developed a novel technology to overcome silybin's poor bioavailability. The solution is to mix silybin with a nutrient called phosphatidylcholine.
Phosphatidylcholine facilitates transport across the intestinal lining into the bloodstream, making it an ideal "carrier molecule" for silybin. Scientists believe that phosphatidylcholine molecularly bonds to silybin ushering it through the membranes of cells in the intestinal tract. This silybin-phosphatidylcholine complex is absorbed nearly five times better than silymarin alone, and its ultimate bioavailability to the liver, its target organ, is ten-fold greater than silymarin alone.
This novel milk thistle extract with phosphatidylcholine contains standardized concentrations of silybin and isosilybin A and B not found in other milk thistle extracts.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take one (1) softgel twice daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. European Milk Thistle is both grown and processed in Europe. This premium quality extract is triple standardized to the main active compound, silymarin, but also standardized to three high active isomers (silybin, isosilybin A and B).
Sunflower oil, gelatin, soy lecithin, glycerin, purified water, soy fatty acids, carob color, beeswax, dl-alpha tocopherol.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
|Serving Size: 1 Softgel|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Milk Thistle Phospholipid Proprietary Blend
Milk thistle extract (seed) [providing 240 mg Silymarin, 90 mg Silybin, 24 mg Isosilybin A and Isosilybin B], phospholipids
|SILIPHOS Phytosome milk thistle extract
(seed) [providing 23.76 mg Silybin]
|** Daily Value not established.|