- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- For Longer Life
- Promotes Optimal Pituitary Function for Body Composition Maintenance
- Dietary Supplement
Diminishing pituitary gland function can have far-reaching effects on the secretion of growth hormone. Growth hormone is essential for children’s growth, but adults also need it for healthy metabolism and bone mineral density, maintaining a good ratio of lean tissue to body fat, and for healthy skin. Growth hormone provides anabolic (tissue-building) effects. However, research shows that in aging men, the amplitude of pulsatile growth hormone release (the magnitude of the growth hormone pulse) declines by 50% every seven years after 18–25 years of age. Suboptimal pituitary function can therefore lead to a state of catabolism (tissue breakdown) that often manifests as:
- Decreasing lean muscle mass
- Increasing body fat
- Increasing waist size
- Rising levels of blood low-density lipoprotein (LDL)
Aging may affect a number of important stimuli needed for growth hormone release such as getting enough sleep and exercise. Meanwhile, inhibitors of growth hormone secretion can become more prominent — such as a growth hormone blocker called somatostatin as well as rising blood levels of free fatty acids and glucose.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways to naturally slow down the rate at which growth hormone secretion declines. Firstly, somatostatin can itself be inhibited with cholinergic agonists such as choline. Secondly, human studies show that amino acids such as arginine and ornithine can help preserve and maximize lean tissue mass as well as supporting efforts to exercise more effectively — a key factor in increasing growth hormone production.
Thirdly, these anabolic effects can be complemented with the amino acids glutamine and glycine, which help to stimulate the release of endogenous growth hormone. Growth hormone is secreted in cycles during the day, with the greatest spurts occurring during exercise and shortly after falling asleep.
GH Pituitary Support Day Formula, which should ideally be taken before exercise, contains choline plus arginine and ornithine in the alpha-ketoglutarate form.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take four (4) tablets daily in the morning or before exercise, preferably on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. May be used in addition to GH Pituitary Support Night Formula.
Microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, silica, vegetable stearate, croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, propylene glycol, triacetin.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
Caution: If you have diabetes and/or significant kidney or liver disease, please consult with your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
|Serving Size: 4 Vegetarian Tablets|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calcium (as calcium carbonate)||354 mg||35%|
|L-Arginine (as alpha-ketoglutarate)||800 mg||**|
|L-Ornithine (as alpha-ketoglutarate)||800 mg||**|
|Cognizin CDP Choline (Cytidine-5'-diphosphate choline)||250 mg||**|
|**Daily Value not established.|