- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Foundation For Longer Life
- Full Spectrum Vitamin E
- Dietary Supplement
Gamma E Tocopherol/Tocotrienols
The term “vitamin E” refers to a family of eight related, lipid-soluble, antioxidant compounds widely present in plants. The tocopherol and tocotrienol subfamilies are each composed of alpha, beta, gamma, and delta fractions having unique biological effects. Different ratios of these compounds are found in different parts of a plant. For example, the green parts of a plant contain mostly alpha tocopherol and the seed germ and bran contain mostly tocotrienols. Along with other nutrients, tocopherols and tocotrienols are concentrated in the bran layers of the rye grain, and are only present at low levels in the flour endosperm. Tocopherols are also present in algae, mint teas, and other foods.
One or more members of the vitamin E family may:
- Maintain cell membrane integrity and reduce cellular aging
- Act as a free radical scavenger
- Maintain healthy platelet aggregation
- Promote a healthy nervous system and retina of the eye
- Maintain healthy cognitive function
- Enhance immune function
- According to a University of California study, alpha tocopherol (regular vitamin E) displaces critically important gamma tocopherol in the body. While alpha tocopherol inhibits free radical production, gamma tocopherol is required to trap and neutralize existing free radicals.
Prestigious scientific journals have highlighted gamma tocopherol as one of the most critically important forms of vitamin E for those seeking optimal health benefits. In fact, studies show the combination of alpha- and gamma-tocopherol supplementation appears to be superior to either supplementation alone on biomarkers of oxidative stress and on inflammatory factors.
Most commercial vitamin E supplements contain little, if any, gamma tocopherol. They instead rely on alpha tocopherol as the primary ingredient. However, it is gamma tocopherol (not the alpha form) that quenches peroxynitrite, the free radical that plays a major role in the development of age-related decline.
Tocotrienols have shown superior action in maintaining arterial health. In 2010, a team of Asian scientists demonstrated that this class of nutrients, which are difficult to obtain in sufficient quantities through dietary sources alone, may provide superior support in maintaining triglyceride levels already within healthy range in aging individuals. Just 120 mg per day of gamma-delta tocotrienols (provided in 3-4 softgels) induced a 28% decline in triglyceride levels in the blood after just one month. This wonder nutrient is so effective because of its structure of double bonds in the isoprenoid side chain, making it a great scavenger of free radicals.
Research has shown that tocotrienols display potent neuroprotective properties and in particular alpha-tocotrienol is being touted as the most potent neuroprotective form of vitamin E.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take one (1) softgel once or twice daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Gelatin, glycerin, purified water, rosemary extract.
To keep our products pure and natural, no artificial color has been added to these softgels. The natural separation of active ingredients may occur.
Caution: If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 1 Softgel|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopherol)||45.9 IU||153%|
|Gamma E Mixed Tocopherols
|Tocomin Full-Spectrum Natural Tocotrienol/Tocopherol Complex
|**Daily Value not established|
I trust Life Extension products, and believe what I've read that you need mixed tocopherols in order for the alpha not to become dominant and cause damage.
My favorite brand of E Complex
Posted by danarm on Sep 08, 2016
nausea and vomiting
Posted by 5747819127553217975 on Jun 04, 2016
My naturopath urged me to take this product due to the great health benefits. The first time I took it about an hour before excercising and vomited 4 times. The next time I took it I made sure I had a full stomach and didn't do anything strenuous. I had severer nausea and went to bed to sleep for a couple of hours. My husband now takes it without any problems.
Posted by 5263923898446321618 on May 20, 2016
This vitamine E is the best you can take. Good for the arterials and blood.
Posted by 5505384281432109056 on Jan 24, 2016
Product was delivered promptly. Disappointed to find product contains soya. As it is American this is bound to be GM so I won't be buying it again. Surprised to find Life Extension doing this. I didn't expect that using the British iHerb site meant the order would come from the states (was this stated on the web-site? I didn't notice it.) and annoyed to find on a £64 order I had to pay £22 on delivery. Amazon do Life Extension with local postage so if I want anything else from this company I will order though Amazon.