Life Extension, L-Lysine, 620 mg, 100 Veggie Caps
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Foundation for Longer Life
- Essential Amino Acid Support
- Dietary Supplement
Lysine is an essential amino acid necessary for growth and to help maintain nitrogen balance in the body. It may help promote proper nitrogen balance in the body and prevent glycation, the bonding of a sugar and protein or lipid molecule accelerated by elevated levels of sugar in the blood.
Lysine has many functions in the body because it is incorporated into many proteins, which are used for a variety of purposes.
Most people consume adequate amounts of lysine. However, vegans whose diets contain large amounts of grains and only minimal amounts of beans could become lysine deficient. Athletes involved in frequent vigorous exercise have an increased need for essential amino acids, although most diets meet these increased needs. The essential amino acid requirements of burn patients may exceed the amount of lysine in the diet.
Lysine supplementation has been shown to increase the absorption and retention of calcium. Some researchers believe that the disturbed balance of arginine and lysine may play a role in viral problems.
Lysine works with other essential amino acids to maintain growth, lean body mass and the body’s store of nitrogen. In addition, dietary supplementation with the essential amino acid L-lysine has been shown to promote relaxation in humans with low dietary intake of L-lysine. L-lysine, together with arginine, has been documented to promote healthy hormonal stress responses in humans.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take one (1) capsule one to three times daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, l-leucine.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|L-Lysine (as L-Lysine HCl)||620 mg||**|
|**Daily Value not established|
This L-lysine is a a good value for the price. I was using the powder, but found it too inconvenient. I take one a day unless I am fighting a virus or a cold sore, then I increase it as needed.