Categories Health Topics Condition Specific Formulas Diet Formulas
Categories Health Topics
Categories Diet, Weight Loss Irvingia gabonensis (African Mango)
Life Extension, Optimized African Mango Irvingia, 120 Veggie Caps
This product contains Irvingia Gabonensis, also known as African Mango.
Fat cells (adipocytes) secrete a hormone called leptin that tells our brain we have eaten enough. Leptin can also facilitate the breakdown of stored triglycerides in our adipocytes via the process of lipolysis. Heavy individuals have startlinglyhigh blood levels of leptin, indicating that their cells have become resistant to the leptin that is supposed to prevent them from putting on so many fat pounds.
An extract from an African mango called Irvingia gabonensis has been shown to help support leptin sensitivity in overweight people. In a recently published study,irvingia demonstrated beneficial effects upon leptin blood levels, followed by weight loss and inches off the waistline. In addition tosupporting healthy leptin sensitivity, irvingia has demonstrated the following beneficial effects on key aspects of metabolism:
- Glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is an enzyme involved in the complex biochemical process that converts ingested starch and sugar calories to stored body fat. Irvingia has been shown in studies involving fat cells to reduce the activity of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, which may help reduce the impact of starch and sugar calories on body fat.
- Scientific research on fat cells suggests that irvingia has alpha-amylase inhibiting properties (like InSea2 and Phaseolus vulgaris) which can help support a slowing of the rate of carbohydrate absorption from the intestines and a reduction of the caloric impact of starchy and sugary foods.
- Adiponectin is a hormone involved in helping to maintain insulin sensitivity on the membranes of energy-producing cells. Big fat cells produceless adiponectin, and overweight people need to be especially concerned about maintaining healthy levels of adiponectin to support insulin sensitivity and metabolic fitness. Scientific data suggests that irvingia helps support healthy adiponectin levels.
Based on impressive human clinical data that irvingia supports weight loss of over 20 pounds on average in 10 weeks, this standalone extract of Integra-Lean African Mango Irvingia is also available to help promote optimal weight.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take two (2) capsules twice daily 15 minutes before meals. Best if taken before meals containing carbohydrates or starches, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), stearic acid, silica, vegetable stearate.
Sealed for your protection
Caution: Because this product may lower blood glucose, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking blood glucose lowering medication.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules|
|Servings per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Iodine (typical value naturally occurring from Ascophyllum nodosum and Fucus vesiculosus)||25 mcg||17%|
|Chromium (as Chromium GlycoProtein Matrix)||100 mcg||83%|
|Integra-Lean African Mango (Irvingia gabonensis) proprietary extract (seed)||150 mg||**|
|Calorie Control Complex providing:
InSea [proprietary composition of demineralized polyphenols from brown seaweeds Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum) and Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus)]
|TeaSlender Green Tea Phytosome
Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Phytosome decaffeinated extract (leaf) containing standardized green tea extract bound to phosphatidylcholine (from lecithin)
|Phase 2 Phaseolus vulgaris white kidney (bean) extract||445 mg||**|
|Phase 3 Sucrase Inhibitor L-Arabinose and Chromium GlycoProtein Matrix (supplying 475 mg L-arabinose and 100 mcg chromium in a food bound state)||550 mg||**|
|**Daily Value not established.|