- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $4.00|
- Foundation for a Longer Life
- Natural Sleep Enhancement and Stress Reduction
- Dietary Supplement
Optimized Tryptophan Plus
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter in the brain associated with positive moods and restful sleep. To produce and maintain optimum serotonin levels, your body requires tryptophan, an essential amino acid the body can’t produce.
In the body, tryptophan has been shown to improve sleep, enhance mood and modulate stress. So Life Extension offers Optimized Tryptophan Plus to broadly and powerfully support tryptophan levels already within the normal range.
The basis for this formula is premium L-tryptophan, which has undergone significantly more rigorous manufacturing processes than regular tryptophan material to assure the highest purity and safety.
In addition to an optimum amount of premium tryptophan … this formula also provides a unique, balanced supply of other nutrients found to help maintain tryptophan activity in the body. Those nutrients include lysine, niacinamide, and extracts of hops and rosemary to provide nutritive support for the body’s production of serotonin.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take up to three (3) capsules all at once before bedtime, or one capsule on an empty stomach before each meal, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. For maximum absorption take with a small amount of carbohydrate, such as diluted juice. Best if taken separately from protein or amino acids.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, modified food starch, ascorbyl palmitate, silica, medium chain triglycerides.
Caution: Consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking prescription medications (e.g. MAOI and SSRI antidepressants) for depression. Concomitant use of L-tryptophan with antidepressant medications has the potential to increase the risk of serotonin syndrome, characterized by symptoms like confusion, sweating, agitation, nausea, involuntary muscle contractions, and racing heartbeat. Do not use L-tryptophan before driving or operating heavy machinery.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 3 Vegetarian Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||66 mg||330%|
|L-Lysine (as L-Lysine HCl)||250 mg||**|
|Proprietary Tryptophan Plus Blend
Perluxan Hops Standardized Extract (Humulus lupulus) (cones) and Ursole Rosemary Standardized Extract (Rosmarinus officinalis) (leaves)
|**Daily Value not established.|