Life Extension, Vitamin B3 Niacin, 1000 mg, 100 Veggie Caps (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Foundation for Longer Life
- Promotes Cardiovascular Health
- Dietary Supplement
Vitamin B3 Niacin
Many B vitamins are used in the body individually or in combination with enzymes to help release energy from carbohydrates, fat, and protein. Vitamin B coenzymes are crucial to the metabolic pathways that generate the energy needed by every cell in the body. Because they are codependent in their metabolic activities, a deficiency of one B vitamin can affect optimal functioning of organ systems throughout the body.
Niacin is the only B vitamin that can be synthesized in the liver from the amino acid tryptophan — on average, 1 mg of niacin can be synthesized from the ingestion of 60 mg of tryptophan. In its coenzyme forms, niacin is crucial to energy transfer reactions, particularly the metabolism of glucose, fat, and alcohol. Niacin’s beneficial effects on blood lipids is well-documented.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take one (1) capsule daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), ascorbyl palmitate.
Sealed for your protection
Store tightly close in a cool, dry place.
Caution: Temporary flushing, itching, rash or gastric disturbances may occur. Liver function testing is recommended when niacin is taken in excess of 500 mg daily. Those with gout or liver diseases should avoid taking high doses of niacin.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Niacin (vitamin B3)||1000 mg||5000%|