Maine Coast Sea Vegetables, Dulse, Wild Atlantic Sea Vegetable, 2 oz (56 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Great in Salads, Snacks, Soups, Stirfries
- Certified Organic by OCIA
- USDA Organic
Certified Organic Dulse
- Delicious as a healthy snack. Low temperature sun dried, enzyme active.
- Excellent source of iodine and vitamin B6. Good source of potassium and iron.
- More total dietary fiber (33%) and soluble fiber (16%) than oat bran.
- Tested for chemical, heavy metal, petroleum, radioactivity and microbiological contaminants.
- Meets all OCIA Organic Standards for sustainable harvesting and handling.
Our dulse comes directly to you without processing or washing out any of its mineral richness. Please check for occasional tiny hidden pebbles or shells in the leaves. Store your dulse in this bag out of extreme light, heat or moisture.
If uncooked dulse is too chewy for you, allow it to absorb some ambient moisture (steam kettle, damp towel, humid room) and in a few days it will be tenderized by its own live enzymes. Rinsing the dulse briefly will tenderize it more quickly and make the taste less strong.
Cooking with dulse is a treat. It is fast and flavorful. Try pan-frying some leaves in a well-oiled skillet until they turn brownish and crisp. Kids love these "chips". You can dry roast dulse pieces in a medium hot skillet or low oven until the leaves turn greenish- not black (burned!) Crumble them on grains, soups, pasta, pizza or popcorn.
Low temperature dried dulse (Palmaria palmata)
|Serving Size: 1/3 cup (7 g)|
|Serving per bag: 8|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||9%|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
iHerb Customer Reviews
Posted by 5649979131269752989 on May 02, 2016
great for stews and so on
Posted by ksedeniussen on Apr 11, 2016
I tried both this dulse and the one from iceland and the dulse is both good but i like the packaging on this better because i can open and close so it stays fresh. Very practical. Tastes very nice and salty. I don't bother to soak it and/or cook it, I just snack right from the package.
The best Dulse there is
Posted by 4791396604724549238 on Jun 19, 2015
I keep on buying this stuff for a reason. It's good! A good travel companion too. Pretty soft! Yum!
Fab and very tasty!
Posted by 4778429920656995798 on May 14, 2015
Fab and very tasty!