Metagenics, UltraMeal Plus 360° Rice, Natural Dutch Chocolate Flavor, 28.5 oz (798 g) (Discontinued Item)
By Metagenics1 Review
Shipping Weight: 2.37 lbs (1.08 kg)
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product Code: MTG-91951
- UPC Code: 755571919519
- Package Quantity: 28.5 oz (798 g)
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.7 x 7.8 in, 2 lbs (0.91 kg)
- Genetic Potential Through Nutrition
- With Selective Kinase Response Modulators
- Unleashing the Power of Nutrigenomics - ExpresSyn
- Medical Food
- With Other Natural Flavors
- 5-MTHF Body-Ready Folate
UltraMeal Plus 360º Rice is a medical food formulated to provide specialized, multi-mechanistic nutritional support for patients with hypercholesterolemia by supplying a combination of acacia extract, reduced iso-alpha acids (RIAA), and plant sterols.
In individuals with metabolic syndrome and high cholesterol, UltraMeal Plus 360º Rice has been clinically shown† to improve the following cardiovascular risk factors:
- Reduce total and LDL cholesterol levels
- Increase HDL cholesterol ("good cholesterol") levels
- Lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels
†Study conducted at the Functional Medicine Research Center - the clinical research arm of Metagenics.
Each serving of UltraMeal Plus 360º Rice provides:
- 15 grams of low-allergenic-potential rice protein: an easily digestible source of high quality protein suitable for those who want to avoid soy and milk products.
- 2 g of plant sterols per serving. The NIH recommends consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols to promote healthy cholesterol levels. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Selective kinase response modulators (SKRMs) in the form of RIAA and acacia extract.
- 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF)—a body-ready, nature-identical folate.
- High quality foundation nutrition for patients with hypercholesterolemia.
The National Cholesterol Education Panel of the National Institutes of Health recommends a healthy diet and regular exercise, along with the consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols and 10-25 grams of fiber daily, to promote cardiovascular health.
Blend (for no longer than 15 seconds), shake, or briskly stir 2 scoops (57 grams) of UltraMeal Plus 360º Rice into 8 fluid ounces of chilled water twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Consume within 10 minutes of reconstitution.
Rice protein concentrate, fructose, rice syrup solids, olive oil, Dutch processed cocoa, plant sterols (soy), natural flavors, dicalcium phosphate, magnesium citrate, silica, potassium chloride, proprietary blend of RIAA and acacia [magnesium salts of reduced iso-alpha acids (from hops extract, Humulus lupulus L.), hydrogenated soybean oil encapsulate, and acacia extract], cellulose gum, ascorbic acid, zinc gluconate, L-lysine, pyridoxine HCl, L-threonine, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, niacinamide, copper gluconate, D-calcium pantothenate, thiamin HCl, riboflavin, chromium polynicotinate, retinyl palmitate, folic acid, L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate (as calcium L-mefolinate), biotin, potassium iodide, cyanocobalamin, and cholecalciferol. Contains: soy.
Formulated to Exclude: Wheat, gluten, dairy products, egg, nuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, colors, artificial sweeteners, and artificial flavors.
This product contains no high fructose corn syrup.
Contents sold by weight, not volume. Some settling may occur during shipping and handling.
Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
Notice: This product is to be used under the direct supervision of a physician or other licensed healthcare practitioner. Do not engage in any diet supplying less than 800 calories per day without medical supervision.
Caution: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Not recommended for individuals taking anticoagulant medications.
Excess vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 5000 IU of preformed vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) per day.
Storage: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 2 scoops (57 g)|
|Servings per Container: 14|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Percentage of Reference Daily Intakes (RDI)|
|Each Serving Contains:||% RDI|
|Vitamin A||1750 IU||35|
|Vitamin C||60 mg||100|
|Vitamin D||40 IU||10|
|Vitamin E||11 IU||35|
|Vitamin B6||25 mg||1250|
|Folate (as folic acid and L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate)||400 mcg||100|
|Vitamin B12||30 mcg||500|
|Pantothenic Acid||5 mg||50|
|Plant Sterols (including beta-sitosterol and other plant sterols)||2000 mg||*|
|*Daily Value not established.|