Metagenics, UltraMeal Plus, Strawberry Supreme, 23.5 oz (658 g) (Discontinued Item)
By MetagenicsWrite a Review
2.01 lbs (0.91 kg)
- Product Code: MTG-91602
- UPC Code: 755571916020
- Package Quantity: 23.5 oz (658 g)
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.7 x 7 in, 1.7 lbs (0.77 kg)
- Genetic Potential Through Nutrition
- Contains 2 g Plant Sterols Per Serving
- With Beta-Sitosterol and Other Plant Sterols
- Nutritional Support for the Management of Conditions Associated with Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease
- Medical Food
- 5-MTHF Body-Ready Folate
UltraMeal Plus is a medical food formulated to nutritionally support the management of conditions associated with metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease, including hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, and hypertension. UltraMeal Plus—along with a low-glycemic-index dietary program and regular exercise—has been clinically tested and shown to improve 14 markers of cardiovascular health and support a healthy body composition (a healthy ratio of lean muscle mass to fat mass).
Each serving of UltraMeal Plus provides:
- A proprietary soy protein and plant sterol blend that provides 2 grams of plant sterols (including beta-sitosterol) and 15 grams of soy protein per serving. Foods containing at least 0.65 g per serving of plant sterol esters, eaten twice a day with meals for a daily total intake of at least 1.3 g, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease. Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. Soy protein has also been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects.
- 600 mg of dairy-free calcium (60% RDI). Calcium, along with regular exercise and a healthy diet, can play a significant role in reducing the rate of bone loss or bone thinning and protecting bone strength.
- 5-methyl tetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF)—a body-ready, nature-identical folate—to promote healthy homocysteine levels for cardiovascular health.
- Low-glycemic-index meal option to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Good source of fiber for gastrointestinal health.
- Comprehensive foundation nutrition for overall health.
The National Cholesterol Education Panel of the National Institutes of Health recommends a healthy diet and regular exercise, along with the consumption of 2 grams of plant sterols and 10-25 grams of fiber daily, to promote cardiovascular health.
Blend, shake, or briskly stir 2 level scoops (47 grams) of UltraMeal Plus into 8 fluid ounces of chilled water twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Soy protein isolate† (PharmaSoy) (soy), fructose, soy fiber (soy), plant sterols (soy), inulin, magnesium citrate, natural flavors, potassium chloride, lecithin (soy), beet powder (color), dicalcium phosphate, citric acid, olive oil, cellulose gum, xanthan, carrageenan, ascorbic acid, zinc gluconate, pyridoxine HCl, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, niacinamide, copper gluconate, D-calcium pantothenate, thiamin HCl, riboflavin, chromium polynicotinate, retinyl palmitate, folic acid, L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate, biotin, potassium iodide, cyanocobalamin, and cholecalciferol. Contains: soy.
†Non-genetically engineered, identity-preserved soy protein
Formulated to Exclude: Wheat, gluten, yeast, corn protein, egg, stimulants, dairy products, nuts, tree nuts, fish, crustacean shellfish, and artificial sweeteners and flavors.
This product contains no high fructose corn syrup.
Contents sold by weight, not volume. Some settling may occur during shipping and handling.
Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
Notice: This product is to be used under the direct supervision of a physician or other licensed healthcare practitioner. Do not engage in any diet supplying less than 800 calories per day without medical supervision.
Excess vitamin A intake may be toxic and may increase the risk of birth defects. Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant should not exceed 5000 IU of preformed vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) per day.
Storage: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 2 scoops (47 g)|
|Servings per Container: 14|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|†Non-Genetically Engineered, Identity-Preserved Soy Protein|
|Percentage of Reference Daily Intakes (RUI)|
|Each Serving Contains:||% RDI|
|Vitamin A||1750 IU||35|
|Vitamin C||60 mg||100|
|Vitamin D||40 IU||10|
|Vitamin E||11 IU||35|
|Vitamin B6||25 mg||1250|
|Folate (as folic acid and L-5-methyl tetrahydrofolate)||400 mcg||100|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||30 mcg||500|
|Pantothenic Acid||5 mg||50|
|Plant Sterols (including beta-sitosterol and other plant sterols.||2000 mg||*|
|*Daily Value not established.|