Namaste Foods, Spice Cake Mix, Gluten Free, 26 oz (737 g) (Discontinued Item)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Certified Gluten-Free
- Makes Two 9" Layers
- Kosher Parve
- All Natural
- No Preservatives
What does "Namaste" mean?
Namaste (pronounced "Naa-Maa-Stay") is a sanskrit word with no literal translation. In general it means "The Spirit within me honors and respects the Spirit within you."
Spice Cake Mix
Baking directions for Spice Cake:
What You Need:
2/3 cup oil
3/4 cup water
- Prep Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray or grease pans (or paper liners for cupcakes).
- Mix Combine 4 eggs, 3/4 cup water and 2/3 cup oil. Add to cake mix and blend well. For single 9" round or 8" square pan combine: 2 eggs, approximatley 2 1/2 cups mix,* 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup water and blend well.
9" x 13" pan 9" round or 8" square pan(s) Cupcakes 35-40 minutes 25-35 minutes 20-25 minutes Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
For Carrot Cake:
Fold in 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot, a handful of nuts, currants or raisins after blended. Delicious!
Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of ground ginger to taste in Step 2. Bake as directed.
*To properly measure dry ingredients, spoon into measuring cup and level off with the flat side of a knife. Actual oven temperature may vary. Adjust baking time as needed.
Evaporated cane juice, sweet brown rice flour, brown sugar, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, rice milk powder, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, xanthan gum, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
Made in a Dedicated Facility Free of:
- Tree nuts
|Serving Size: 1/16th pkg (46 g mix)|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving (Mix)|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||37 g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber||<1 g||4%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
This cake mix is fantastic! I made it according to the package directions, and I was very impressed. The cake is moist, sweet, flavorful, and very addicting. I love that it's gluten free, dairy free, etc--I would feel comfortable sharing this cake with a large group of people without having to worry about food allergies. I should note that this is not a vegan cake mix, as the final preparation requires eggs. Adapting the cake to different tastes/varieties looks fairly simple . . . and if I get tired of the original version, I may try some.