Nature's Bounty, Organic Cold-Milled Flax Seeds, 15 oz (425 g) (Discontinued Item)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Promotes Heart & Cardiovascular Health
- Omega-3, Omega-6 & Omega-9
- Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs), Dietary Fiber & Lignans
- Natural Omega-3 Vegetarian Source
- Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International
- Guaranteed Quality - Laboratory Tested
- Healthy You. Healthy Earth
- Suitable for Vegetarians
Only a handful of foods contain the essential fatty acids your body needs every day. Our Organic Flax Seeds Powder delivers some of the highest concentrations of Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega-3) and Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) available in food. Alpha-Linolenic Acid (Omega-3) and Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) are two fatty acids important for heart and circulatory health. Organic Flax Seeds Powder also contains the powerhouse nutrients Oleic Acid (Omega-9) and Lignans – phytochemicals which play a part in the well-being of the body. In addition, this product is a good source of fiber to help you meet your nutritional requirements.
For adults, take one (1) or two (2) tablespoons (7.5 g to 15 g) of cold-milled flax seeds powder daily. Cold-milled flax seeds powder can be added to baked goods, blender drinks or sprinkled on cereal and salads. Take with plenty of fluids. Fiber products can affect the absorption of many medications. Do not take this product within 2 hours of taking medications.
Take every day to ensure an adequate intake.
- Organic Flax Seeds Powder can be taken alone, or for an added treat, mix with your favorite cereal or yogurt.
- Share the nutritional wealth with your friends and family by adding Organic Flax Seeds Powder to your favorite recipes.
Organic cold-milled flax seeds.
No artificial color, flavor or sweetener, no preservatives, no sugar, no starch, no milk, no lactose, no soy, no gluten, no wheat, no yeast, no fish.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a dry place and avoid excessive heat. To ensure freshness after opening, keep refrigerated or store in freezer. Tamper resistant: Do not use if seal is broken or missing.
|Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons (15 g)|
|Servings Per Container: About 28|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||6 g||10%|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||3%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
|Soluble Fiber||2 g|
|Insoluble Fiber||2 g|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Potassium||3,500 mg||3,500 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Protein||50 g||65 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 · Carbohydrate 4 · Protein 4
Typical Fatty Acid Profile per 15 g Serving:
|Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA) (Omega-3)||3,540 mg|
|Linoleic Acid (LA) (Omega-6)||1,060 mg|
|Oleic Acid (OA) (Omega-9)||1,000 mg|
I have used this product on oatmeal and in shakes and sometimes over salads for about 2 years. I decided to look it up on i-herb. I found it and will be ordering it here from now on.A great source of fiber and an additional source of some protein, providing 3 grams from a 2 tbsp serving.