- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Power Foods For The Modern Lifestyle
- Omega Fatty Acids | Protein | Dietary Fiber
- Certified Organic
- Aztec Superfood
- USDA Organic
- The Power of Superfoods
- Eat Your Way to Health!
- Certified Organic by Control Union
- The National Organic Program Standards of the United States Department of Agriculture
- Navigating the Whole of Life with Truth, Integrity and Energy
Organic Sprouted Chia Seed Powder
Chia was eaten by Aztecs for strength and was a main staple food along with corn and beans. This bag contains 100% pure chia powder that is certified organic, kosher, vegan, gluten-free, sprouted and raw.
Sprouting the seeds greatly increases the nutrient and antioxidant levels in chia. This process of germination maximizes the body's ability to digest and absorb the nutritional benefits. Chia is an excellent vegetarian source of omega fatty acids and dietary fiber. It also contains notable quantities of calcium, iron, potassium and protein.
The mission of Navitas Naturals is to provide premium organic superfoods that increase energy and enhance health. Our products are of the highest quality, sourced directly from farmers, cultivated sustainably and in accordance with fair trade practices.
- Flour Substitute
Certified organic sprouted chia powder (salvia hispanica)
Sprouted and milled in Canada
Allergen Information: Packaged in a facility that also handles tree nuts.
Storage Information: Refrigeration not required. Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
|Serving Size: 3 tbsp (15 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount/Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Total Fat||4.5 g||7%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percentage daily values based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
Great for Vegans, good source of protein and high amount of ALA to be converted in DHA, EPA.
PERFECT Chia Powder Product!
Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015
This item has been discontinued but Iherb has many similar items that are just as good!
Great for smoothie
Posted by Reviewer2403601 on Nov 16, 2011
Should get this in stock again. Easier to use than seeds.
Posted by Reviewer1600024 on Aug 14, 2011
I actually ordered the wrong product, I had wanted the chia powder that contains sprouted flax and sprouted rice for the nutritional value(next time). This product works quite well as a thickener or binder in baking. I also put it in shakes.
Posted by Reviewer1262249 on Jul 21, 2011
I use with yoghurt and raspberries. Sprinled through it is great and provides EFA's in the diet. Highly recommended both for eating as above and in smoothies.