Now Foods, Sprouting Jar, 1/2 Gallon
- Shipping Weight: 3.11 lbs (1.41kg)
- Product Code: NOW-07350
- UPC Code: 733739073501
- Package Quantity: 1/2 Gallon
- Dimensions: 4.4 x 4.4 x 8.8 in, 1.85 lbs (0.84kg)
- With Stainless Steel Screen Top
- For Fresh, Tasty and Healthy Sprouts
1) Place two tablespoons of sprouting seeds or 1/2 cup of legumes/grains in a sprouting jar with three times as much water as seeds. Soak overnight. For many small seeds, five hours of soaking is sufficient.
2) Drain the water from the jar. Rinse seeds in fresh, lukewarm water and drain again. For well drained seeds/spouts, lay jar at an angle in a warm (70ºF), dark place.
3) Rinse and drain seeds twice a day. In hot and dry weather, you may need to rinse the seeds three times a day. In very humid weather, the seeds should be kept in a dry place. Turn jar over gently. Overturning the jar rapidly will cause shifting in the sprouting seeds. This can break the tender shoots and kill the spout. This breakage causes the sprout to spoil. Sprouts should be ready to eat in 3-5 days, depending on the seed used. Put in sunlight during the last day to add chlorophyll.