Pure Encapsulations, Alpha Lipoic Acid, 400 mg, 120 Capsules (Discontinued Item)
- Loyalty credit equals to 10% of the final shopping cart price, excluding shipping charges, and is available to be used toward your next order once your current (last) order has shipped.
- You have a pending credit from a previous order. Once the order is shipped out, the credit will be available.
- Each time you place a new order, a loyalty credit equal to 10% of the value of your order will be given to you.
- Loyalty credits expire 60 days after your last purchase with iHerb.
- Pure Encapsulations- Your Trusted Source
- Hypo-Allergenic, Dietary Supplement
- Water and Lipid Soluble Antioxidant; Supports Glucose Metabolism and Nerve Health
Alpha lipoic acid is an exceptionally versatile nutrient; being both water and fat soluble, it is able to function in almost any part of the body. It is manufactured in the body, but often times not in the amounts necessary to perform its many functions. Alpha lipoic acid is a potent antioxidant which neutralizes harmful free radicals and enhances the activity of vitamins C and E. A key component of the metabolic process, alpha lipoic acid produces energy in muscles and directs calories into energy production. In addition, this powerful nutrient helps maintain healthy glucose metabolism, supports the nervous system and provides nutritional support for healthy liver function. In one study, alpha lipoic acid decreased serum lactate and pyruvate and promoted healthy glucose metabolism in lean and overweight individuals. Alpha lipoic acid supported nerve health in subjects who participated in a four-month, randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter trial. The ability of alpha lipoic acid to modulate nitric oxide metabolite activity and to promote healthy microcirculation accounted for its ability to promote nerve cell health in two separate studies.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is a multifunctional, versatile nutrient that plays a key role in the antioxidant network and the metabolic process.
As a dietary supplement, take 1-2 capsules daily, in divided doses, with meals.
Hypo-allergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
Commitment to Quality Program
Sourced and manufactured to avoid:†
- Artificial Additives
- Environmental Contaminants
- Added Excipients
†See Ingredients Panel for product information
Store sealed in a cool dry area.
Tamper Evident: Use only if safety seal is intact.
If pregnant, consult your physician before taking this or any other product.
Keep out of the reach of children
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Servings Per Container: 120|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid)||400 mg||*|
|Ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C)||16 mg||*|
|*Daily Value not established|