Pure Vegan, Vitamin D2, 400 IU Spray, 1 fl oz
By Pure Vegan10 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
0.17 lbs (0.08 kg)
- Product Code: PUV-71003
- UPC Code: 013886710031
- Package Quantity: 1 fl oz
- Dimensions: 1.2 x 1.2 x 3.9 in, 0.1 lbs (0.05 kg)
Combo Discount: -$2.09
Vitamin D deficiency will cause a decrease in calcium and phosphorous absorption. As a result, prolonged vitamin D deficiency has a negative impact on bone mineralization. Adults with vitamin D deficiency may experience bone pain and/or osteomalacia.
- Osteomalacia is the general term for the softening of the bones due to defective bone mineralization.
- Osteomalacia in children is known as rickets.
- A common cause of Osteomalacia is a deficiency in Vitamin D.
- Keywords: osteomalacia, osteomalacia supplement, osteomalacia deficiency (soft bone). Vitamin D also helps regulate immune system activity, preventing an excessive or prolonged inflammatory response. It is particularly important for individuals with limited sun exposure to include good sources of vitamin D in their diets. Homebound individuals, people living in northern latitudes, individuals who wear clothing that completely covers the body, and individuals working in occupations that prevent exposure to sunlight are at risk for vitamin D deficiency. Pure Vegan D2 comes in a convenient and pleasant tasting spray!
What can supplemental Vitamin D do for you?
- Help prevent a growing list of chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, osteoporosis, breast cancer, colon cancer, and ovarian cancer
- Help keep your bones and teeth strong and healthy
- Regulate the growth and activity of your cells
- Reduce inflammation
Shake well. As a dietary supplement, adults and children over 4, pump 1 to 2 sprays per day into mouth and swallow, or as directed by a health care professional.
Purified water, vegetable glycerine, & potassium sorbate.
Does not contain any dairy, egg, sugar, corn, yeast, wheat, soy, or glutens.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 1 Spray|
|Servings per Container: 175|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Vitamin D2 (as Ergocalciferol)||400 IU||100%|
iHerb Customer Reviews
It seems like this is the ony liquid D2 (vegan form of Vit D) on the market, so it good to have. My only issue with it is that there is only 400iu per serve. Expert opinion suggests dosages in the 1000's for those found to be deficient via serum testing so with this product one does have to go as high as 10 -20 sprays per day which makes it very expensive. If you look at the D3 available in liquid form most are 1000 - 2000iu per drop, more cost effective BUT not vegan, which is a key factor for me.
This product tastes fine, and it's easy to take the spray form on a regular basis. I wish they made a formula with 1000IU though. This formula has only 400IU per spray and lasts 175 days at that dosage. If you took 3 sprays/day to get 1200IU, the bottle only lasts 58 days, so it ends up being a bit more pricey than D2 tablets that are available.