Pure Vegan, Vitamin D2, Spray, 400 IU, 1 fl oz
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $5.00|
Vitamin D deficiency will cause a decrease in calcium and phosphorous absorption. As a result, prolonged vitamin D deficiency has a negative impact on bone mineralization. Adults with vitamin D deficiency may experience bone pain and/or osteomalacia. Osteomalacia is the general term for the softening of the bones due to defective bone mineralization. Osteomalacia in children is known as rickets. The common cause of Osteomalacia is a deficiency in Vitamin D.
Vitamin D helps regulate immune system activity, avoiding an excessive or prolonged inflammatory response. It is particularly important for individuals with limited sun exposure to include good sources of vitamin D in their diets. Homebound individuals, people living in northern latitudes, individuals who wear clothing that completely covers the body, patients in nursing homes, and individuals working in occupations that prevent exposure to sunlight are at risk for vitamin D deficiency. Pure Vegan D2 comes in a convenient and pleasant tasting spray!
What can supplemental Vitamin D do for you?
- Help keep your bones and teeth strong and healthy
- Regulate the growth and activity of your cells
- May help reduce inflammation
- May reduce your risk of multiple sclerosis, according to a 2006 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association
- Decreasing your chance of developing heart disease, according to 2008 findings published in Circulation
- Helps to reduce your likelihood of developing the flu, according to 2010 research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
Shake well. As a dietary supplement, adults and children over 4, pump 1 to 2 sprays per day into mouth and swallow, or as directed by a health care professional.
Purified water, vegetable glycerine, & potassium sorbate (preservative).
Does not contain any dairy, egg, sugar, corn, yeast, wheat, soy, or glutens.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 1 Spray|
|Servings per Container: 175|
|Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Vitamin D2 (as Ergocalciferol)||400 IU||100%|
It seems like this is the ony liquid D2 (vegan form of Vit D) on the market, so it good to have. My only issue with it is that there is only 400iu per serve. Expert opinion suggests dosages in the 1000's for those found to be deficient via serum testing so with this product one does have to go as high as 10 -20 sprays per day which makes it very expensive. If you look at the D3 available in liquid form most are 1000 - 2000iu per drop, more cost effective BUT not vegan, which is a key factor for me.
This product tastes fine, and it's easy to take the spray form on a regular basis. I wish they made a formula with 1000IU though. This formula has only 400IU per spray and lasts 175 days at that dosage. If you took 3 sprays/day to get 1200IU, the bottle only lasts 58 days, so it ends up being a bit more pricey than D2 tablets that are available.
easy to use
Posted by 5032074065584161598 on Mar 17, 2015
Great tasting and easy to use for myself and my daughter
Easy to use
Posted by 5317905621028101190 on Jan 06, 2014
Not yet known of effectiveness.
Posted by Reviewer1258792 on Jul 13, 2012
This is one of our regular iHerb purchases. It's a convenient way to get a quick dose of sunshine in winter.
Posted by Reviewer1415545 on Apr 11, 2012
Great taste and easy way to get some extra vitamins!