Simply Organic, Garam Masala, 3.00 oz (85 g)39 Reviews
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
1.01 lbs (0.46 kg)
- Product Code: SOG-18038
- UPC Code: 089836180384
- Package Quantity: 3.00 oz (85 g)
- Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 4.5 in, 0.6 lbs (0.27 kg)
- Important Note:
Note: Korean Customs will quarantine and inspect this item before final shipment to the customer. Please be advised that ordering this item could cause delivery delays
- Simply Healthy Living
- Simply Great Taste
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by QAI
Indian cooks use it primarily to flavor meat and poultry, and they most often add it just before serving rather than during cooking. Recipes for masalas vary according to regions, as well as individual cooks, who often concoct a new masala for each dish as needed. This rich, slightly sweet blend will save you that step and still deliver authentic Indian flavor.
An all-purpose, spicy warm (but not hot) Indian seasoning, Garam Masala is a traditional ingredient in Indian tandoori, samosas, kormas, and dahl.
- Add to soups and stews.
- Use as a rub for poultry or meat before roasting, broiling, or grilling, or sprinkle on before serving.
- Combine with cooked lentils to make a simple dahl.
- Blend with a little water to make a thick paste. Serve to the side of meat, fish, or poultry, for dipping.
- Blend with softened butter and serve over cooked green beans, parsnips, potatoes, carrots or squash.
- Add to sour cream or yogurt for a dip or baked potato topping.
- Use to season onion-based meat and poultry sauces.
- Add to pilaf and other grain dishes.
- Whip up a simple, cooling Indian raita by combining sliced cucumber with plain yogurt seasoned with Garam Masala. Serve with spicy dishes. (You can substitute other vegetables, or even fruits like mangos or bananas, for the cucumbers.)
Organic cardamom, organic cinnamon, organic cloves, organic cumin, organic black pepper, organic coriander.
iHerb Customer Reviews
Indian cooks use this to flavor meat and poultry, and they most often add it just before serving rather than during cooking. This is an all-purpose, spicy warm Indian seasoning. Garam Masala is a traditional ingredient in Indian tandoori, samosas, kormas, and dahl. PLEASE click the light green Yes tab by the question "Was this review helpful?"
You can't go wrong with anything Simply Organic. This garam masala is fresh and a great value. I also love the larger size containers with this brand, as they provide you enough to last awhile.