Source Naturals, Aloe Verité, Whole-Leaf Aloe Vera Drink, Natural Flavor, 33.8 fl oz (1 Liter) (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Dietary Supplement
- Minimum of 2,100 mg/Liter of Polysaccharides
The aloe plant, also known as aloe vera or aloe barbadensis, has been revered for thousands of years. Hieroglyphics show that the ancient Egyptians used aloe. In more recent times, aloe has played an important role in the folk herbal traditions of India, China and Mexico. Aloe is probably one of the most commonly used herbs, as many people keep a plant on the kitchen windowsill for occasional topical use. In vitro studies have shown that aloe reduces the production of several chemical mediators that contribute to bodily discomfort, such as bradykinin, histamine, thromboxane B2 and prostaglandin F2 alpha. Aloe's soothing effects may also be due to its salicylate content. This succulent member of the lily family is considered to be safe and nontoxic.
The most valuable part of the plant is the gel. It is rich in comforting polysaccharides, such as glucomannans, which are composed of the carbohydrates glucose and mannose. Our unique processing techniques separate the bitter, cathartic yellow latex of the aloe plant from the precious gel, preserving the polysaccharides and removing the undesirable anthraquinones (harsh purgatives found in the latex).
Source Naturals is the first to combine aloe with the popular herb stevia. In addition to natural Aloe Verité, Source Naturals also offers raspberry Aloe Verité with stevia.
- Whole Leaf Process - Aloe Verité is made from the whole leaf of the aloe plant, allowing for maximum gel extraction.
- Not from Concentrate - Most aloe concentrates have been boiled, a process that destroys many of the long-chain polysaccharides, known as mucopolysaccharides. Aloe Verité is processed in a manner that ensures that all the heat-sensitive nutrients of the aloe plant remain potent. The result is a truly exceptional aloe product.
- Safe - Potentially harmful compounds (aloin and emodin), found in the latex of the aloe vera leaf, have been removed. To protect the aloe from contamination, a minimal amount of preservative is added.
- Pure - The aloe used in Aloe Verité is carefully harvested by hand, then cleansed and filtered to maintain the active constituents.
2 to 4 ounces daily between meals. Enjoy mixed with your favorite juice. One capful of Aloe Verité is equivalent to one fluid ounce. For both internal and external use.
After opening, Aloe Verité will remain fresh 4-5 weeks refrigerated, or 1-2 weeks unrefrigerated. Unopened, Aloe Verité will remain fresh until date stamped on the bottom of bottle.
Citric acid, potassium sorbate and potassium benzoate.
Suitable for vegetarians and hypoallergenic: contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat. Contains no added sugar, starch, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
Note: If you are pregnant, may become pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your health care professional before using this product.
Do not use if either tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Keep out of the reach of children.
|Serving Size: 2 fl oz (approx. 30 ml)|
|Servings Per Container: 16|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice |
(certified organic Aloe barbadensis, 2,100 mg/liter polysaccharides)
|† Daily Value not established|
Taste good straight from the bottle and the cap is a measuring/drinking cup which is quick and convenient. It helped with gas,burping and nausea and soothed my stomach. It started working immediately. I have been on it for about 8 months or so. Didn't help me with elimination and that's what I read that aloe does.
I enjoyed using this particular brand in comparison with some of the others I have tried in the past. The taste is very mild and it soothed my tummy.
Posted by 4886568623332957238 on Aug 19, 2014
so far haven't seen any results but its only a week
Posted by Reviewer1638561 on Sep 23, 2013
This product tastes horrible and is clear as water. I think either it has very little or no real aloe or it has been so processed as to hide all the aloe puree. I am more inclined it is the former. Anyway what manufacturer would want to hide the puree given that it an indication of real substance. The label says "Not from Concentrate". Isn't that telling; so it is diluted then. Further it is more expensive than other brands for the same volume by $2. This is a doubtful product. I would rather buy Nature's Way aloe juice which has visible aloe puree in it.
helps tummy issues
Posted by Reviewer1052411 on Feb 23, 2012
Got this for acid reflux. Seems to help, but not dramatically. I like that it doesn't have strange flavorings or sweeteners. Have read that it can interfere with a woman's cycle, but I only take a teaspoon a day and have not noticed that effect. The taste is rather green, but not unpleasant.
Aloe naural liquid
Posted by Reviewer1948078 on Sep 08, 2010
I drink it first thing in the morning, couldn't start the day without it.