Source Naturals, MethylCobalamin, Cherry Flavored Sublingual, 1 mg, 120 Tablets
Buy 4+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
- Dietary Supplement
- Vitamin B-12
- Cherry Flavored Sublingual
Methylcobalamin, an active coenzyme form of vitamin B-12, is essential for cell growth and replication. It is more concentrated than other forms of B-12 in the cerebrospinal fluid where it can be used by the central nervous system. It donates methyl groups to the myelin sheath that insulates certain nerve fibers. It may also play a role in maintaining a healthy sleep-wake cycle, as well as normal nerve function.
1 tablet 1 to 3 times daily. Place tablet under the tongue and allow to dissolve slowly, altering its position to avoid prolonged contact with the same area.
Mannitol, sorbitol, natural cherry flavor, stearic acid, and magnesium stearate
Suitable for vegetarians and Hypoallergenic: Contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat. Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance
Do not use if either tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Keep out of the reach of children.
Note: If you are pregnant, may become pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your health care professional before using this product.
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Vitamin B-12 (as methylcobalamin)||1 mg||16,670%|
iHerb Customer Reviews
1) Pure Advantage methyl-B12 spray - ineffective (I wonder about the sorbate preservative in it); 2) InterPlexus Inc NutriSorb liquid hydroxycobalamin - effective but still needs to be 'converted' to active form - I found the one drop dose suggested on label isn't enough; 3) Solgar cyanocobalamin 1mg sublingual - dissolves too fast and not as effective as active methyl-B12; 4) Natural Factors methyl-B12 1mg sublingual - dissolves too fast under tongue but found it better inbetween gum/lip where it will sit and dissolve more slowly. Iodine/B12 are synergists - suggest adding/increasing either one if taking more of the other, especially long term. Same is true of other nutrients such as manganese and zinc (both need cobalt, high cobalt may deplete them) - could be why some people note headaches after taking high doses of B12 (both high and low manganese can cause migraine-headaches). High doses of B12 will also deplete iron - they are antagonists. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.
The roles B-12 play in the body are numerous and vital. Vegetarians in particular (and especially vegans) should take this supplement, even if they are of the mindset that vitamin pills are silly, because B-12 is found almost exclusively in animal products. Additionally, it is difficult for some to absorb (the elderly and some with various health conditions) as it is only absorbed in one part of the intestine. Finally, alcohol consumption creates a situation where extra supplemental B-12 is beneficial. Anyway, about this product in particular. I have always liked the brand Source Naturals as they make my favorite multiple, which is why I purchased this. It seems to fit the bill. It's the MethylCobalamin type (which is the preferred structure), and they are sublingual (which aids in absorption), and it is an adequately large dose (1mg, which is about 16000% of the RDA). The tablets dissolve slower than other brands I've used, which can be slightly annoying, but the company claims that this is for better absorption. Overall, a fairly decent product, with a light pleasant cherry taste.
Posted by 5569599882954741051 on May 19, 2016
Diagnosed by my doctor with a B12 deficiency ordinary swallow type B12 tablets didn't work. I decided to try these, I have been using these for one year my B12 levels are perfect. MethylCobalamin Sublingual appears to work much better than CynoCobalamin swallow tablets. Worth bringing to Australia
Posted by Reviewer1891528 on May 11, 2016
good taste and great resultat.
Too Slow To Disolve
Posted by Reviewer1645059 on Apr 02, 2016
These take 40 minutes to dissolve. Much too slow. Unlikely to buy again
Posted by 5487849416492740001 on Mar 30, 2016
After the first few minutes, I gave up and chewed it. It doesn't dissolve under my tongue!
Never arrived. Cant review really
Posted by 5558299951893615447 on Jan 07, 2016
Iherb is becoming a bit of a joke lately. 6 weeks and no sign of my items. So how can I review this? Well I can't but I can review I herbs dismal attempt at fobbing me off and blaming the post. That total rubbish. One time iHerb was a pleasure to deal with, now their becoming a bit of a joke 6 weeks and counting for this item, but what's bothering me even more is I have 4 more parcels from iHerb. If you want to learn about patience, purchase from iHerb, if you want your items and stay healthy, well purchase elsewhere.