- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $3.00|
- Salvia Officinalis
- Origin: Egypt
- Kosher Certified by Kosher Certification Services
- Certified Kosher
- Certified Organic by QAI
- USDA Organic
Sage leaf is from a plant native to the Mediterranean, where it has long been used as a cooking herb as well as for therapeutic purposes. A member of the mint family, sage spice adds a pepper-like flavor to many savory dishes. Organic sage is used in the finest German and English sausages, and rubbed sage is a common flavoring for rich, fatty meats such as pork and lamb. In France, it is used for lighter meats, poultry and fish, while Italian cooks sauté it in olive oil and combine it with cheese to create the stuffing for a pasta dish known as buro e salvia.
The term salvia is in fact the scientific name for sage leaf. If you think that sounds a little bit like “salvation” or “salvage,” you're not far off. “Salvia” is the Latin word for “healing,” and current research suggests that organic sage may in fact be useful in the treatment of bacterial and fungal disease as well as early stage Alzheimers. (It is not recommended for therapeutic uses in patients that are taking stimulants or tranquilizers, however, due to possible negative interactions.)