Starwest Botanicals, Organic Se Chung Oolong Tea, 1 lb (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Camellia Sinensis
- Origin: China
- Kosher Certified by Kosher Certification Services
- Certified Organic by QAI
After plucking, the leaves are lightly bruised and briefly oxidized to create a subtle, mild-tasting organic tea.
Hot Tea Brewing Method:
Oolongs teas are best enjoyed when the leaves are briefly infused with hot water which is then poured off. The tea is then reinfused and tea is poured to the lucky guests after about 1 minute. The leaves may be reinfused several times, with each resulting infusion yielding a different liquor from the proceeding cup.
Iced Tea Brewing Method:
(Makes 1 quart). Place 6 teaspoons of Se Chung oolong into a heat resistant pitcher. Pour 1 1/4 cups freshly boiled water over the tea. Steep for 5 minutes. Quarter fill a serving pitcher with cold water. Pour the tea into the pitcher straining the leaves. Add ice and top-up with cold water. Garnish and sweeten to taste.