Testmedica, Home Tests, One Step Home Scan, Kidney Health Screen, Two Tests (Discontinued Item)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Because Good Health Begins at Home
This test is used to detect the presence of protein in a person's urine. Protein is a large molecule and is normally not excreted into the kidney. When protein is present in urine, it indicates a kidney that is not functioning properly. The presence of protein is an important indicator of kidney disease.
How to use the TestMedica Health Screen
- Dip reagent end of strip in FRESH, well mixed urine and remove immediately. (Or, wet reagent area by passing through urine stream.)
- While removing, run the edge of the strip against the rim of the urine container to remove excess urine.
- Compare the test area with the color chart at the time specified (60 seconds).
Tests and test results are for informational purposes only and are not intended to monitor, treat or diagnose any disease. These urine reagent strips are not diagnostic tools but are used to detect levels of specific parameters. The detection of these parameters in the urine and the levels thereof may be indicative of an abnormality or infection. ALWAYS rely upon your doctor or health care professional to detect, diagnose and treat any infection or abnormality. If results are unexpected, contact your health care provider.
- For In Vitro diagnostic use only. (Not for internal use.)
- Do not reuse the test strip.
- If you get unexpected results, check with your doctor.
Store in cool, dry place.
I received two 'strips' for checking urine (kidneys) in a huge amount of packaging. I followed the instructions precisely, and very carefully. When done, the first strip showed nothing at all. Not even the mild colour for "negative" at one end of the strip. It remained a pure white strip like an untreated strip of plastic. I assumed it was faulty, and used the second strip, but got the exact same result. Not even a tiny hint of colour for negative, and no colour for anything else either. I assumed that both strips were faulty, or never "treated" with any special substance for testing urine. I did not bother to get back to the company as I live so far away (Ireland) and my condition had improved in the meantime. Plus, the tests were not expensive. (Only expensive for something that never worked.)
Excellent self help
Posted by 5701566124505731143 on Nov 28, 2012
Simple and easy to use and an important test for anyone concern about kidneys
easy to use
Posted by Reviewer1906547 on May 03, 2012
helpful, easy to use for anyone in the family. good price!
Posted by Reviewer1744041 on Jul 31, 2010
the first strip test i took was half one color and half another...both positive and negative result in one...i took the second test and that one turned out one whole color which looked closest to the negative results, but im just not sure. therefore, it was just too sketchy for me to trust the results
Posted by Reviewer2425788 on Apr 19, 2010
This works well for what it is. It's fine for a basic home test, but if there were any real concerns, I'd talk to a doctor.