Testmedica, Home Tests, One Step Home Scan, Kidney Health Screen, Two Tests (Discontinued Item)8 Reviews
0.42 lbs (0.19 kg)
- Product Code: TMD-81552
- UPC Code: 818136815524
- Package Quantity: Two Tests
- Dimensions: 2.3 x 3.4 x 5.5 in, 0.05 lbs (0.02 kg)
- Because Good Health Begins at Home
This test is used to detect the presence of protein in a person's urine. Protein is a large molecule and is normally not excreted into the kidney. When protein is present in urine, it indicates a kidney that is not functioning properly. The presence of protein is an important indicator of kidney disease.
How to use the TestMedica Health Screen
- Dip reagent end of strip in FRESH, well mixed urine and remove immediately. (Or, wet reagent area by passing through urine stream.)
- While removing, run the edge of the strip against the rim of the urine container to remove excess urine.
- Compare the test area with the color chart at the time specified (60 seconds).
Tests and test results are for informational purposes only and are not intended to monitor, treat or diagnose any disease. These urine reagent strips are not diagnostic tools but are used to detect levels of specific parameters. The detection of these parameters in the urine and the levels thereof may be indicative of an abnormality or infection. ALWAYS rely upon your doctor or health care professional to detect, diagnose and treat any infection or abnormality. If results are unexpected, contact your health care provider.
- For In Vitro diagnostic use only. (Not for internal use.)
- Do not reuse the test strip.
- If you get unexpected results, check with your doctor.
Store in cool, dry place.
iHerb Customer Reviews
I received two 'strips' for checking urine (kidneys) in a huge amount of packaging. I followed the instructions precisely, and very carefully. When done, the first strip showed nothing at all. Not even the mild colour for "negative" at one end of the strip. It remained a pure white strip like an untreated strip of plastic. I assumed it was faulty, and used the second strip, but got the exact same result. Not even a tiny hint of colour for negative, and no colour for anything else either. I assumed that both strips were faulty, or never "treated" with any special substance for testing urine. I did not bother to get back to the company as I live so far away (Ireland) and my condition had improved in the meantime. Plus, the tests were not expensive. (Only expensive for something that never worked.)