- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- pH Monitor *
*Tests and test results are for informational purposes only and are not intended to monitor, treat to diagnose any disease. Only your physician can diagnose disease. If results are unexpected, contact your health care provider.
What is pH Monitor?
This test indicates the acid or alkaline content of urine (pH) by measuring the concentration of hydrogen ions. On a scale of 1-10, 7 represents neutrality, lower numbers indicate increasing acidity and higher numbers increasing alkalinity. Each unit of change represents a tenfold change i acidity or alkalinity. The pH of urine can range from an extremely unhealthy low of 4.5 to a high of 8.5.
Why Monitor pH Levels?
Persistent alkaline urine (pH7-8) may be indicative of urinary tract infection, vegetarian diet, alkalosis, pyloric stenosis/obstruction, vomiting or alkalizing drugs. Persistent acid urine (pH5-7) may be indicative of gout, fever, phenacetin intake or predisposition to kidney stones. In a pH balanced body, urine is slightly acid in the morning (after fasting), with a pH range of 6.5-7.0, generally becoming more alkaline, pH=7.5=8.0 by evening as the body digests food and releases electrolytes.
The normal pH range in urine:
- Dip reagent end of strip in Fresh, well mixed urine and remove immediately. (Or, wet reagent area by passing through the urine stream.)
- While removing, run the edge of the strip against the rim of the urine container to remove excess urine.
- Compare the test area with the color chart on the bottle at the time specified (60 seconds). Do not use the chart of the back of this box.
they hardly changed color. it was hard to tell the actual color because they never totally matched the chart on the bottle. i also thought that it measured from lower that 5, but i think it starts at 5.5 and ends at 7.5.
I have used Alka-Live pH strips but wanted to try a product available at iherb. The Testmedica strips are almost useless with a readable range that is severely limited. Also, the packaging is a joke - diificult to extract from the bottle.
Easy to use Home Test. pH Checks
Posted by 4770699709521122041 on Sep 22, 2013
I am very pleased with these pH strips and it comes with Acid Balance Monitor, and it is visible to the strip by the change in color of the pH value. The kit includes clear instructions.
Posted by Reviewer2795868 on Dec 10, 2009
I haven't seen any color on these tests. For me they don't work at all.
Don't buy it
Posted by Reviewer2120805 on May 11, 2009
6 out of 7 strips did not change color. This is a very poor product.
So far so good
Posted by Reviewer1807321 on Mar 07, 2009
I haven't had these long, but they seems to accurate at checking my ph levels.