- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Japanese Chanoyu Utensils
The Chashaku is an integral part of preparing the Japanese powdered green tea called Matcha. It is used to scoop the tea from Natsume (caddy) using its curved portion. Made from the black bamboo variety, this Chashaku is ideal for tea lovers just beginning their experience of the tea ceremony. Sometimes it is also called the casual Chashaku. In the tea ceremony, more elaborate and decorative Chashakus can be used.
Chasen (Bamboo Whisk)
The Chasen is made from Bamboo. It is used to whisk Matcha in a bowl. These days, many types of Chasen can be found in various colors and thickness. The highest quality whisks are made by hand, including the curling of the strands.
Chawan - Akane
The Matcha bowl, also known as Chawan, is an integral part of the Chanoyu tea ceremony of Japan.
A small amount of Matcha is placed into the bowl, traditionally using a bamboo scoop called a Chaskahu, then a small amount of hot (not boiling) water is added. The mixture is then whisked to a uniform consistency, using a bamboo which known as a Chasen. There must be no lumps left in the liquid, and no ground tea should remain on the sides of the bowl.
- Chasen (Bamboo Whisk)
- Chawan - Akane
10 ounce capacity.