- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $3.00|
- Artisan Quality · Pure Leaf Teas · Fresh
- 100% Organic
- USDA Organic
- Brews 40 Cups
- Certified Organic by QAI
Origin - USA
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is a hybrid mint, a cross between the watermint (Mentha aquatica) and spearmint (Mentha spicata). The plant, indigenous to Europe, is now widespread in cultivation throughout all regions of the world.
The Peppermint Plant
The leaves of Peppermint are short but distinctly stalked (2 inches or more in length and 3/4 to 1 1/2 inches broad). The entire plant has a very characteristic fragrance, due to the volatile oil present in all its parts.
Peppermint has a high menthol content, and is often used as a flavoring in tea, ice cream and confectionery.
Peppermint is good to assist in raising internal heat and introducing perspiration, although its strength is soon exhausted. It also helps in overcoming slight cold.
The Tao of Tea
Like the Tao, the art of tea is universal. We began our work with tea in 1997 to be a connecting thread for tea culture. Practicing the art on a daily basis in our teahouses in Portland, Oregon, we are a group of tea enthusiasts from different backgrounds and cultures. We travel, learn, take delight and seek to offer pure leaf teas with great flavor, artistry and soul.
Steep one level teaspoon of the leaf in twelve ounces water at 175F. Steep for four minutes.
100% organic peppermint leaves.