Thorne Research, Carnityl, 60 Veggie Caps
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- Dietary Supplement
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine for Support of the Brain and Peripheral Nerves
- Acts as an Antioxidant in the Brain and Peripheral Nervous System
- Supports Healthy Brain Function and Memory
- Promotes Healthy Sperm Count and Sperm Motility
- Contains no Preservatives, Magnesium Stearate, or Other Lubricants and Diluents
Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) is synthesized from L-carnitine in the brain, liver, and kidney.
ALC supports fat metabolism and energy production in the mitochondria. In addition, ALC supports brain function by enhancing production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Taken supplementally, ALC is better absorbed and crosses the blood-brain barrier better than L-carnitine. Several studies have demonstrated ALC's effectiveness in supporting cognitive health in the elderly, especially if supplementation is begun when mental health is thought to be at risk of declining. Other studies have shown ALC may be of benefit for maintaining a positive mood in the elderly, possibly by partially inhibiting the activity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and lowering chronically elevated cortisol levels (which become elevated during stressful situations).
Take 1 capsule one to three times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, microcrystalline cellulose, leucine, silicon dioxide.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Store tightly sealed in cool dry place.
|Serving Size: One Capsule|
|Each Capsule Contains:||% DV|
|Acetyl-L-Carnitine (as Acetyl-L-Carnitine Chloride)||500 mg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|