Thorne Research, Formaldehyde Relief, 90 Veggie Caps (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Dietary Supplement
Part of Thorne's comprehensive support system for surviving our toxic world
- Provides support for detoxification of aldehyde compounds
- Nutrient cofactors for alcohol metabolism
- Can be used after exposure to formaldehyde in particle board, new carpet, and furniture
- Without preservatives, magnesium stearate, or other lubricants and diluents
Thiamine (vitamin B1) deficiency is common in individuals exposed to aldehyde compounds, particularly alcoholics, as aldehyde metabolism utilizes vitamin B1. Vitamin B6 is a cofactor for the biochemical pathways necessary for the body's clearance of aldehyde compounds. Pyridoxal 5'-phosphate, the active form of vitamin B6, is better utilized by individuals with an excessive burden of chemical toxins because these individuals can have a compromised liver and vitamin B6 is converted to its active form in the liver. Selenium is a cofactor for glutathione utilization, which is essential for detoxification. Bifidobacterium bifidum has been used for clearing aldehydes in the intestinal tract. Pantethine, the active form of vitamin B5, increases the activity of aldehyde dehydrogenase, the enzyme that metabolizes acetaldehyde.
Take 1 capsule two to three times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner. Please read the warnings for this product on the warnings tab.
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, magnesium citrate, silicon dioxide.
Contains ingredient derived from milk (Bifidobacterium lactis).
Allergy Warning: This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Excipient Free: This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, or artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, or magnesium, calcium, or vegetable stearates.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
Pregnancy Warning: If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
Interactions/Contraindications: There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
|Serving Size: One Capsule|
|Each Capsule Contains:||% DV|
|Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl)||25 mg||1,667%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)||50 mg||67%|
|Selenium (as Selenium Picolinate)||50 mcg||71%|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.