Thorne Research, GI-Encap, 180 Veggie Caps
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $3.90|
- Dietary Supplement
- Soothing Botanical Support for the GI Tract – Now with Aloe Vera!
- Helps Maintain Stomach and Esophageal Health
- Daltonmax 700 is a Potent 200:1 Extract of Organic Aloe Vera
- 100 mg Slippery Elm Per 2 Capsules (Versus 80 mg in Previous Formula)
- 200 mg Marshmallow Root Per 2 Capsules (Versus 80 mg in Previous Formula)
- The Same Amount of DGL Per 2 Capsules
- Therapeutic Dosing can be Achieved with Fewer Capsules
Aloe vera demonstrates significant gastroprotective effects via a number of mechanisms, including mast cell stabilization and antioxidant effects. Only the inner gel fillet is used in this product, alleviating any laxative effect. Deglycyrrhizinated licorice is well known for its ability to optimize mucus production by gastrointestinal mucosal cells and to promote a healthy GI tract. Licorice root preparations have been used for many years for the nutritional support of the stomach and duodenum. Glycyrrhizin is removed from the extract to prevent a rise in blood pressure that has been observed in some individuals taking whole licorice root. Slippery elm bark (Ulmus rubra) and marshmallow root (Althea officinalis) contain mucilaginous components that are soothing to the digestive tract.
To soothe esophageal irritation, GI-Encap can be taken out of the capsule and mixed with warm water for a soothing tea.
Take 1-2 capsules with each meal or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, leucine, silicon dioxide.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
If pregnant, do not use this product.
|Serving Size: Two Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 90|
|Two Capsules Contain:||% DV|
|Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL) extract (root) (Glycyrrhiza spp.)||350 mg||*|
|Marshmallow extract (root) (Althaea officinalis )||200 mg||*|
|Slippery Elm (bark) (Ulmus rubra)||100 mg||*|
|Aloe Vera (Gel, dehydrate powder) (Aloe barbadensis)||50 mg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Great for Leaky gut
Posted by 5691679019831045968 on Nov 08, 2016
I've used this product for 25 yrs. I'm never without it
Posted by 5509260847831695799 on Oct 06, 2016
My doctor suggested I take this product for my GERD, it has helped and I can eat a variety of different foods. Thank you for this product. I will be re ordering it
Posted by 4616874238474659422 on Aug 01, 2016
Helped with supporting the gut and digestive issues. Also had a calming effect. Great value.
Great for Leaky gut
I tried tdese for my leaky gut and it´s great! I´ve also have Perma Clear and L-glutamin from Thorne as well.
Bye bye acid reflux!
Posted by Reviewer2854300 on Jan 28, 2014
I've been suffering from acid reflux for as long as I can remember, and I've tried every remedy out there . . . and then some. Over the years, I've used slippery elm and DGL, two of the ingredients in GI-Encap. It's so much easier - and less expensive - to take GI-Encap rather than buying the supplements separately. I also take Now Super Enzymes to help digest my food. Together, they're a winning combination in my fight to eradicate the GERD monster. Just saying what works for me.