Thorne Research, GI-Encap, 60 Veggie Caps
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $3.85|
- Dietary Supplement
- Helps Maintain Stomach and Esophageal Health
- Daltonmax 700 is a Potent 200:1 Extract of Organic Aloe Vera
- 100 mg Slippery Elm Per 2 Capsules (Versus 80 mg in Previous Formula)
- 200 mg Marshmallow Root Per 2 Capsules (Versus 80 mg in Previous Formula)
- The Same Amount of DGL Per 2 Capsules
- Therapeutic Dosing can be Achieved with Fewer Capsules
Aloe vera demonstrates significant gastroprotective effects via a number of mechanisms, including mast cell stabilization and antioxidant effects. Only the inner gel filet is used in this product, alleviating any laxative effect. Deglycyrrhizinated licorice is well known for its ability to optimize mucus production by gastrointestinal mucosal cells and to promote a healthy GI tract. Licorice root preparations have been used for many years for the nutritional support of the stomach and duodenum. Glycyrrhizin is removed from the extract to prevent a rise in blood pressure that has been observed in some individuals taking whole licorice root. Slippery elm bark (Ulmus rubra) and marshmallow root (Althea officinalis) contain mucilaginous components that are soothing to the digestive tract.
To soothe esophageal irritation, GI-Encap can be taken out of the capsule and mixed with warm water for a soothing tea.
Take 1-2 capsules with each meal or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, leucine, silicon dioxide.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
If pregnant, do not use this product.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: Two Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice (DGL) extract (root) (Glycyrrhiza spp.)||350 mg||*|
|Marshmallow extract (root) (Althaea officinalis)||200 mg||*|
Slippery Elm (bark) (Ulmus rubra)
|Aloe Vera (Gel, dehydrate powder) (Aloe barbadensis)†||50 mg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|
Life Saver !
Posted by healthysupplements on Sep 21, 2015
I was looking for a digestive formula that does not contain Glutamine, because I can't tolerate Glutamine. I found it, and it works great! I'm trying to get off horrible benzodiazepine medication and suffer from severe long term damage and a host of other things, too many to mention, and Glutamine makes them worse. Especially anxiety and epilepsy. I take this with the Lily of the Desert Stomach Formula which is also a product that really works. No more bleeding, less food in stool, and much less constipation and ease of BM's, etc. as the DGL helps with healthy mucous in the digestive tract.
Posted by Reviewer2616703 on Jun 26, 2011
Very happy with this product
Posted by Reviewer2978954 on Apr 15, 2011
Good product - soothing for GI tract
Posted by Reviewer2897138 on Apr 15, 2011
iHerb seems to have great prices, and they ship very quickly.