- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $4.00|
- Dietary Supplement
Precursor to serotonin, melatonin, and niacin
- amino acid essential for brain serotonin and melatonin production
- promotes relaxation, sleep, and good mood
- contains no preservatives, magnesium stearate, or other lubricants and diluents
- made without flowing agents that can inhibit its bioavailability
L-tryptophan is an amino acid essential to human metabolism because it is the metabolic precursor of serotonin (a neurotransmitter), melatonin (a neurohormone), and niacin (vitamin B3). Other neurotransmitters and central nervous system chemicals, including dopamine, norepinephrine, and beta-endorphin, have been shown to increase following oral administration of tryptophan. Because of its effects on serotonin and melatonin production in the brain, L-tryptophan supplementation can benefit mood and can also promote relaxation, a benefit for individuals attempting to get to sleep.
Supplementing with L-tryptophan allows the body to use it where it is needed most - for protein synthesis, niacin formation, or as a serotonin/melatonin precursor. For optimal L-tryptophan absorption and transport across the blood-brain barrier, it is recommended to take L-tryptophan with a dietary carbohydrate.
Take 1-2 capsules two times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, leucine, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide.
Excipient Free: This product does not contain wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy, egg, dairy products, or artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors. This product also does not contain lactose, palmitic acid, or magnesium, calcium, or vegetable stearates.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
Allergy Warnings: This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Interactions/Contraindications: There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
|Serving Size: Two Capsules|
|Serving Per Container: 30|
|Two Capsules Contain:||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|