Thorne Research, Omega Plus, 90 Gelcaps
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
|Combo Discount:||- $3.92|
- An Essential Fatty Acid Supplement
- Dietary Supplement
- Balanced Amounts of Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids
- Promotes Healthy Heart and Brain Function
- 300 mg EPA , 200 mg DHA Per Softgel
- 40 mg Omega-6 GLA Per Capsule
- Molecular Distillation Removes Heavy Metals and Other Potential Contaminants
While the omega-3 fatty acids have significant health benefits, the omega-6 fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) offers similar benefits. Borage oil is a rich source of GLA (higher than evening primrose oil). Omega Plus provides an omega 3:6 ratio designed to provide a healthful balance of these important essential fatty acids. Because the typical diet contains significantly more omega-6 than omega-3 fatty acids, fish oils make up a greater percentage of the product.
Studies yielding positive benefits from a combination of omega-3 fatty acids and GLA demonstrate benefits for bone health as well as the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. Studies have found a combination of GLA with EPA and DHA helps maintain already normal LDL:HDL ratios and triglyceride levels.
Omega Plus has recently been improved – it now contains a higher concentration of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. Recent technology has permitted an increase in the amount of EPA and DHA in each gelcap. This more concentrated formula provides the amounts of EPA and DHA that recent research says is warranted, without having to take extra capsules. As always, Thorne Research provides the highest quality, purest fish oil available – molecular distillation is utilized to ensure removal of cholesterol and contaminants, including PCBs and heavy metals.
Take 1 gelcap two to three timed daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Gelatin (bovine), purified water and glycerin (vegetable source) gelcap, vitamin E (mixed tocopherols).
Contains ingredients derived from fish (fish oil = anchovy, sardine, mackerel).
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: One Gelcap|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%*|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) (from Fat Oil)||300 mg||**|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) (from Fish Oil)||200 mg||**|
|GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) (from Borage Oil)||40 mg||**|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value (DV) not established.