Thorne Research, Soy Isoflavones, 60 Veggie Caps (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Dietary Supplement
- Unique, Beneficial Soy Flavonoids
- Contains Soy Isoflavones Genistein and Daidzein
- Beneficial for Hot Flashes
- Supports Healthy Blood Vessel Function
- Without Preservatives, Magnesium Stearate, or Other Lubricants and Diluents
Soy has been a part of the human diet for millennia. Isoflavones are members of the large flavonoid family of plant compounds, which are in turn members of the larger group of plant constituents known as polyphenols. Soy isoflavones contain a number of isoflavones, but the most beneficial appear to be genistein and daidzein. Soy isoflavones weakly resemble estrogens and, as such, can bind to estrogen receptors, purportedly being able to occupy those receptors and block the effects of estrogen. Soy isoflavones appear to exert a weak estrogenic effect upon binding to cell receptors. Estrogen-receptor binding may be the mechanism for some of their beneficial effects, particularly on hot flashes.
Many studies have demonstrated that soy isoflavones can enhance the health of blood vessels by increasing vascular endothelial nitric oxide production, which improves vascular elasticity, resulting in vasodilation and increased blood flow.
Take 1 capsule one to two times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, magnesium citrate, leucine, silicon dioxide
Contains ingredient derived from soy.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Store tightly sealed in cool dry place.
|Serving Size: One Capsule|
|Each Capsule Contains:||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Soy Isoflavones (from Soy concentrate)||50 mg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|