- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Dietary Supplement
Vaccinium standardized to anthocyanosides 36%
Bilberry flavonoids for eye health
- Potent antioxidant flavonoid
- Promotes healthy blood vessel function
- Special affinity for the retina
- Supports night vision
Vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) is also known as European blueberry or huckleberry. Several active medicinal constituents have been isolated from the berries and leaves of the bilberry plant, including anthocyanoside flavonoids (anthocyanins), vitamins, quercetin, and catechins. The anthocyanosides are considered the most important of the pharmacologically active components, and have been shown to possess antioxidant, connective-tissue stabilizing, and blood-vessel strengthening activity. Bilberry extracts have been shown to support the body's normal inflammatory response.
The eye appears to benefit the most from this plant's various activities, as its anthocyanosides have an affinity for the pigmented epithelia of the retina, where it helps strengthen the blood vessels. Historically, bilberry has been used to promote night vision. Cardiovascular health is also supported with bilberry extract, as it has been demonstrated to reduce the oxidation of LDL cholesterol and enhance dilation of the arteries, which can result in increased blood flow.
Take 1 capsule two to three times daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
Microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, silicon dioxide, leucine.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
|Serving Size: One Capsule|
|Each Capsule Contains:||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Bilberry extract (fruit) (Vaccinium myrtillus)||80 mg||*|
|*Daily Value (DV) not established.|