Thorne Research, Zinc Sulfate, 7-Hydrate, 8 fl oz (237 ml) (Discontinued Item)9 Reviews
0.71 lbs (0.32 kg)
- Product Code: THR-01802
- UPC Code: 693749018025
- Package Quantity: 8 fl oz (237 ml)
- Dimensions: 2 x 2 x 7.2 in, 0.6 lbs (0.27 kg)
- Volume Discount
- Dietary Supplement
Zinc sulfate solution can be used to test for a possible zinc deficiency. Follow the steps outlined below for oral zinc taste testing. In addition, Zinc Sulfate, 7 Hydrate can be used for zinc supplementation. Each teaspoonful contains 1.5 mg zinc.
Oral Zinc Test
Hold a teaspoonful of the Zinc Sulfate solution in the mouth for 30 seconds and note the taste response from one of four categories:
- No specific taste or other sensation is noticed, even after 30 seconds.
- No immediate taste is noticed, but after a few seconds a slight taste described as dry, mineral, furry, or even sweet is noticed.
- A definite, although not strongly unpleasant, taste is noticed almost immediately and tends to intensify as the 30 seconds pass.
- A strong, unpleasant taste is noticed immediately and tends to intensify as the 30 seconds pass.
Individuals in category 1 or 2 might respond favorably to zinc supplementation.
Take as directed by your health-care practitioner.
Upon opening, install flip-top lid provided and keep lid snapped shut when not in use.
Tamper Evident: Use only if bottle is sealed.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: One Teaspoon|
|Serving Per Container: 47|
|Each (5 ml) Teaspoon Contains:||Amount Per Serving||% DV|
|Zinc (as Zinc Sulfate, 7 hydrate)†||1.15 mg||8%|
|Daily Value (DV)
†0.1% w/v solution.
iHerb Customer Reviews
I did the zinc taste test using this heptahydrate solution, and it turned out I had a major zinc deficiency. After taking zinc picolinate for about two weeks, I did the taste test again, and my deficiency is now only slight.
You can use this product to measure your zinc levels. Just take a small sip in your mouth. If you taste little little to nothing, you need more zinc until when you take a sip it tastes very strongly like metal that you want to spit it out. Great product.