Tom's of Maine, Natural Clean & Gentle Care, SLS-Free Anticavity Plus Whitening Toothpaste, Peppermint, 147.4 g (5.2 oz) (Discontinued Item)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Peppermint Paste
- Naturally Foaming Fluoride Toothpaste*
* Patent pending
Contains fluoride for cavity prevention, silica for whitening, soothing aloe and glycyrrhizin from licorice root for natural foaming
Uses: Aids in the prevention of dental cavities.
- SLS-free. Natural glycyrrhizin from licorice root provides a low-foaming experience.
- Soothing brushing experience. Contains xylitol (from birch trees or corn), glycerin, organic aloe and mild natural flavor.
- Fights cavities. Fluoride remineralized soft spots on teeth before they turn into cavities.
- Gentle whitening. Silica (from sand) whitens without bleaching ingredients or harsh abrasives.
- Sensitive to the plant. We use recycled and recyclable packaging and invest in wind energy to power our factory.
Our clean & Gentle Care toothpaste leaves your teeth and mouth feeling clean and fresh - without using sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS). SLS foams and disperses ingredients but for some may cause mouth and gum irritation. Our breakthrough formula uses the gentle ingredient glycyrrhizin (purified from licorice root) for natural foaming and fluoride for cavity prevention. Give it a try, and please let us know what you think!
Kate & Tom Chappell - Cofounders, Tom's of Maine
- Adults and children 2 years of age and older: Brush teeth thoroughly, preferably after each meal or at least twice a day or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- Instruct children under 6 years of age in good brushing and rinsing habits (to minimize swallowing).
- Supervise children as necessary until capable of using without supervision.
- Children under 2 years of age: Consult a dentist or doctor.
- Children under 6: Use pea-sized amount.
No animal testing.
For external use only.
- Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age.
- If ore than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|Sodium monofluorophosphate (0.13% w/v fluoride ion)||Anticavity|
|Inactive Ingredients: Glycerin, water, calcium carbonate, hydrated silica, organic aloe (Aloe barbadensis) leaf juice, xylitol, carrageenan (Chondrus crispus), acacia (Acacia senegal) gum, glycyrrhizin (glycyrrhizic acid), peppermint (Mentha piperita) oil.|
Does not contain saccharin; artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors or flavors; or animal ingredients.
This is a recent addition to the Tom's of Maine toothpaste line. In short, SLS is found in almost all toothpastes, including many natural brands such as Tom's of Maine. SLS is often found to be an irritant to many (in the mouth, the primary concern is that it may contribute to the development of canker sores). It is used in toothpaste predominantly because it is what is responsible for the foaming and consistency you're used to while brushing your teeth. With this SLS-free formulation, it took some getting used to, since there is the noticeable lack of foaming while brushing your teeth, and despite the peppermint flavor of the paste, there is a noticeable licorice taste that lingers (licorice root is used to provide the low-foaming quality). I don't mind the taste, but some who are used to a powerful mint taste may. I haven't had a canker sore since, and I like that I've eliminated one more chemical from the daily barage of the many found in our bath and body products.
Posted by Reviewer3257094 on Nov 09, 2012
I love this toothpaste, it has a very natural and subtle peppermint taste. It does not create loads of foam as you can expect from an SLS free product, but it produces some foam, more than enought to clean your tooth.
Posted by Reviewer3313733 on Apr 08, 2011
i love it. as posted , gentle and clean, yes ,so is it.
Good but not great
Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Feb 21, 2011
It's a good toothpaste with excellent ingredients, but I wish the peppermint taste was stronger!
Posted by Reviewer2499679 on Jan 24, 2011