- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Soy Bean Extract
- 80 mg Soy Isoflavones per Capsule
- Nutritionally Supports Healthy Bone
- Prostate and Cardiovascular Function
- Dietary Supplement
- Contains Nova Soy the Power of Soy
MaxiLife Mega Soy provides more than the amount of dietary soy isoflavones (genistin and daidzin) consumed in the average Oriental diet in just one capsule! It also provides the same amount of isoflavones shown beneficial in research studies.
Soy has been shown to provide many health benefits including bone maintenance, hormonal regulation in women (especially during menopause) and nutritional support for cardiovascular health and prostate health.
Take one capsule daily.
Cellulose, gelatin, purified water, silica, medium chain triglycerides, magnesium stearate.
If you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medication, or have any medical condition, consult a health care professional before use. Keep out of reach of children.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Amount Per Capsule||% DV|
|Soy Bean Extract (Novasoy‡) (containing 40% isoflavones [80 mg of isoflavones including 40 mg of genistin, 31 mg of diadzin, and 9 mg of glycitin])||200 mg||†|
|† Daily Values not established.|
Aside from soy's famous anti-thyroid action, one of the isoflavones in soy (genistein) inhibits two crucial enzymes - 3-beta-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase (3B-HSD) and 21-hydroxylase. These enzymes are responsible for converting cholesterol to progesterone and cortisol. 3B-HSD also affects synthesis of other hormones. Inhibiting the aforementioned enzymes has repercussions for energy production, among other things - especially if there are any other issues with synthesis/conversion of cholesterol (e.g. lacking nutrients, defective pathway). There are other, safer/natural ways of influencing hormones (that are also cheaper - why is soy extract so expensive when the stuff is supposedly a major food crop?). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.