Yogourmet, Kefir Starter, Freeze-Dried, 6 Packets, 5 g Each
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Live and Active Cultures
- No Appliance Needed
- Make Fresh Kefir At Home
- Makes 6 Quarts (6 liters)
- Easy and Economical
- No Preservatives
- No Coloring Agent
The kefir used to determine the nutrition value was made with vitamin A & D fortified 2% milk.
Use 5 g of starter per litre (quart) of milk.
- Heat 1 litre of milk to 180°F (82°C) or bring to the boiling point. Cool to 73-77°F (23-25°C).
- Dissolve 5 g of starter in a small amount of the cooled milk in a cup. Pour back into the litre of milk and mix well.
- Pour the inoculated milk into a clean container, then cover and let stand at room temperature until curd forms (approximately 24 hours).
- Refrigerate about 8 hours to stop the process.
- Stir to liquefy and enjoy. Always store kefir in the refrigerator.
Use with cow, goat or soy milk. Results with soy milk may vary.
Active bacterial culture (L. lactis, L. cremoris, L. diacetylactis, L. acidophilus), includes lactic yeasts, skim milk powder.
This product is manufactured in a facility that manipulates products containing wheat, soy, eggs, milk and fish (including shrimps).
Keep in a cool dry place
|Serving Size: 1/4 pouch (1.2 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 24|
|Amount Per Serving||Kefir starter||1 cup (245 g) Prepared kefir|
|Calories from fat||0||45|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||0 g*||0%||8%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%||15%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%||4%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%||0%|
|* Amount in Kefir starter.
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
this stuff is the greatest. by the way, you can use one pack to make up a gallon (2 quarts) of milk, if it's in the same container. i open a fresh carton of milk, put the culture in, mix it with a clean utensil, then reclose it with a rubber band, and set it out at room temperature for 24 hours. no need to heat up the milk and cool it down, etc. the main thing, i think, is not to set the milk in the sun or anywhere where it will get too hot. kefir makes at a temperature lower than yogurt. and when you make it at home and it is really fresh it is better than store-bought.
This product has not worked for me. I have tried using goats milk heated gently to 82degrees, as per instructions on packet. After 24 hours in a warm cupboard, it remained as runny as the milk. I tried without heating - a minuscule amount of slight thickening appeared round the edge. I may as well just drink the milk. I won't be wasting my money on this Kefir again. I can't understand how people can eat it with a spoon. Maybe it just doesn't work with goats milk.
Fabulous Kefir !
Posted by 5172160180703482825 on Jan 09, 2017
I love this product! It is so easy to prepare and it is delicious ! iHerb ... you rock !
Posted by 4612462471001571549 on Jan 08, 2017
I live in a small town and had been driving quite a ways to buy this exact product. Now I can order online with free shipping and have it come right to my door. And what's even more amazing it is less expensive than what I had been paying. Excellent service, fast shipping, cheaper, what's not to love.
Posted by 5427101415167318980 on Dec 17, 2016
To a description of offer
Posted by 5202753070241833488 on Dec 10, 2016
The first batch of Kefir was "excellent" ........... but I thought it was "mushroom" reproducible many times !!!