Yogourmet, Kefir Starter, Freeze-Dried, 6 Packets, 5 g Each
By Yogourmet190 Reviews
0.18 lbs (0.08 kg)
- Product Code: YOG-12106
- UPC Code: 056828121069
- Package Quantity: 6 Packets, 5 g Each
- Dimensions: 5.1 x 4 x 0.8 in, 0.15 lbs (0.07 kg)
Combo Discount: -$2.16
- Make Your Homemade Kefir!
- No Electrical Appliance Needed
- Contains Three 2 x 5 g Packets
- Makes 6 L
Use 5 g of starter per litre (quart) of milk.
- Heat 1 litre of milk to 180°F (82°C) or bring to the boiling point. Cool to 73-77°F (23-25°C).
- Dissolve 5 g of culture in a small amount of the cooled milk in a cup. Pour back into the litre of milk and mix well.
- Pour the inoculated milk into a clean container, cover and let stand at room temperature until curd forms (approximately 24 hours).
- Refrigerate about 8 hours to stop the process.
- Stir to liquefy and enjoy. Always store kefir in the refrigerator.
Active bacterial culture (includes lactic yeasts), skim milk powder.
This product is manufactured in a facility that manipulates products that contain wheat, soy, eggs, milk and fish (including shrimps).
Refrigeration is recommended
|Serving Size: 1/4 pouch (1,2 g)|
|Amount||Kefir starter||Plus 1 cup 2% milk†|
|*Amount in kefir starter
† 1 cup 2% milk adds 130 Calories, 5 g Fat (3 g Saturated , 0,2 g Trans), 20 mg Cholesterol, 110 mg Sodium, 12 g Carbohydrate (11 g Sugars), 9 g Protein.
iHerb Customer Reviews
this stuff is the greatest. by the way, you can use one pack to make up a gallon (2 quarts) of milk, if it's in the same container. i open a fresh carton of milk, put the culture in, mix it with a clean utensil, then reclose it with a rubber band, and set it out at room temperature for 24 hours. no need to heat up the milk and cool it down, etc. the main thing, i think, is not to set the milk in the sun or anywhere where it will get too hot. kefir makes at a temperature lower than yogurt. and when you make it at home and it is really fresh it is better than store-bought.
I use these to make Kefir with young coconut water. It works wel and much cheaper than Donna Gates.