Yogourmet, Kefir Starter, Freeze-Dried, 6 Packets, 5 g Each
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
|Combo Discount:||- $4.00|
- Live and Active Cultures
- No Appliance Needed
- Make Fresh Kefir At Home
- Makes 6 Quarts (6 liters)
- Easy and Economical
- No Preservatives
- No Coloring Agent
The kefir used to determine the nutrition value was made with vitamin A & D fortified 2% milk.
Use 5 g of starter per litre (quart) of milk.
- Heat 1 litre of milk to 180°F (82°C) or bring to the boiling point. Cool to 73-77°F (23-25°C).
- Dissolve 5 g of starter in a small amount of the cooled milk in a cup. Pour back into the litre of milk and mix well.
- Pour the inoculated milk into a clean container, then cover and let stand at room temperature until curd forms (approximately 24 hours).
- Refrigerate about 8 hours to stop the process.
- Stir to liquefy and enjoy. Always store kefir in the refrigerator.
Use with cow, goat or soy milk. Results with soy milk may vary.
Active bacterial culture (L. lactis, L. cremoris, L. diacetylactis, L. acidophilus), includes lactic yeasts, skim milk powder.
This product is manufactured in a facility that manipulates products containing wheat, soy, eggs, milk and fish (including shrimps).
Keep in a cool dry place
|Serving Size: 1/4 pouch (1.2 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 24|
|Amount Per Serving||Kefir starter||1 cup (245 g) Prepared kefir|
|Calories from fat||0||45|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||0 g*||0%||8%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%||15%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%||4%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%||0%|
|* Amount in Kefir starter.
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
this stuff is the greatest. by the way, you can use one pack to make up a gallon (2 quarts) of milk, if it's in the same container. i open a fresh carton of milk, put the culture in, mix it with a clean utensil, then reclose it with a rubber band, and set it out at room temperature for 24 hours. no need to heat up the milk and cool it down, etc. the main thing, i think, is not to set the milk in the sun or anywhere where it will get too hot. kefir makes at a temperature lower than yogurt. and when you make it at home and it is really fresh it is better than store-bought.
Am very glad I bought this as the Kefir culture I managed to produce has from Yogourmet really helped me overcome some very stubborn gastrointestinal issues. The instructions are rather unhelpful. Do not boil the milk - plain milk straight from the fridge is fine. Another thing not mentioned or pointed out on the label instructions is that the first batch is not likely to turn out well and one won't get the desired Kefir grains. I had to do a second batch derived from part of the first batch to get the grains to grow properly. But the third batch turned out perfect.
Posted by 5436575805124756572 on Sep 26, 2016
I bought this product to try to and make kefir at home. I made it the first time and it was successful. It's very easy.
Posted by 4880734008000955617 on Sep 18, 2016
I liked this product. It's easy to make, tastes good and have nice texture.
Posted by 4865565572030433027 on Sep 05, 2016
excellent product, I recommend
Posted by Bridget on Aug 10, 2016
Made some delicious kefir yoghurt drink.