Yogourmet, Freeze-Dried Yogurt Starter, 1 oz (30 g)
Buy 2+Save 5%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- Live and Active Cultures
- Discover a Pure, Smooth & Creamy Delight
- Make Fresh Yogurt at Home
- Contains 6 x 5 Gram Packets
- Make 6 Quarts (6 Litres)
- Easy and Economical
- No Preservatives
- No Coloring Agents
- Made in Canada
Use 5 g of starter per litre (quart) of milk.
- Heat 1 litre of milk to 180° F (82°C) or bring to a boil. Cool to 108-112° F (42-44°C).
- Dissolve 5 g of starter in a small amount of the cooled milk in a cup. Pour back into the litre of milk and mix well.
- Incubate 4 to 4 ½ hours or until desired firmness in the Yogourmet yogurt maker. May be used with any make of appliance, according to instructions.
- Refrigerate to stop the process.
Use with cow, goat or soy milk. Results with soy milk may vary.
Skim milk powder, sucrose, active bacterial culture (l. bulgaricus, thermophilus, l. acidophilus).
This product is manufactured in a facility that manipulates products containing soy and milk.
The yogurt used to determine the nutrition facts was made with vitamin A & D fortified 2% milk.
Keep in a cool, dry place
|Serving Size: 1/4 packet (1.2 g)|
|Serving Per Container: 24|
|Amount Per Serving||Yogurt starter||1 Cup (245 g) Prepared yogurt|
|Calories from fat||0||45|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||0 g*||0%||8%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%||15%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%||4%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%||0%|
|* Amount in Yogurt starter.
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
We have a Yogourmet yogurt maker, which is the yogurt maker of choice for people who are lactose intolerant, as the longer warm-water fermentation process will eliminate more of the lactose than other shorter-term yogurt maker products. Also, people with conditions such as IBS, Crohn's, and some other difficulties, can benefit from a yogurt that doesn't have bifidus and has no added casein (which is already in milk). There is only one other yogurt starter I know of that doesn't have added casein or bifidus, which must be shipped cold and is more expensive, both for the product and the shipping. Your body already makes bifidus, and added bifidus can irritate certain people's systems. There is only one commercial yogurt I have found that doesn't have bifidus in its ingredients, so if bifidus is an issue, this is the way to go.
Although the ingredients contain sucrose, this is needed for the starter culture as a temporary food source, but as the yoghurt is fermented for 24 hours, rather than the regular 8hours or so, all the sucrose is cleaved by the culture enzymes into monosaccharides (single unit sugar molecules) which are acceptable for digestion of the yoghurt. Good stuff.
Perfect for the SCD diet
Posted by 4891491950595396299 on Aug 27, 2016
I follow the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and so this yogurt starter is pretty much a 'must' for me. Good stuff!
ideal for SCD diet
Posted by 4743914540451054033 on Jun 02, 2016
Scd legal, very sour
Perfect for SCD diet
Posted by 5757944965282704676 on May 15, 2016
Been using this for the SCD diet yogurt for about two years and it has worked flawlessly every time. iHerb service is excellent have not had any problems once.
Posted by 5649979131269752989 on May 12, 2016
make a very pleasant tasting yoghurt