Yogourmet, Probiotic Yogurt, Freeze-Dried Starter, 6 Packets, 5 g Each
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Live and Active Cultures
- Contains Casei, Bifidus & Acidophilus
- Make Fresh Yogurt at Home
- Contains 6 X 5 gram packets
- Makes 6 Quarts (6 litres)
- Easy and Economical
- No Preservatives
- No Coloring Agents
The yogurt used to determine the nutrition value was made with vitamin A&D fortified 2% milk.
Use 5 g of starter per litre (quart) of milk.
- Heat 1 litre of milk to 180°F (82°C) or bring to a boil. Cool to 73-77°F (23-25°C).
- Dissolve 5 g of starter in a small amount of the cooled milk in a cup. Pour back into the litre of milk and mix well.
- Incubate in your yogurt maker (Yogourmet II or Multi for best results) for 9 to 15 hours, or until desired firmness.
- Refrigerate to stop the process.
Use with cow, goat or soy milk. Results with soy milk may vary.
Skim milk powder, active bacterial culture (l. casei, b. longum, l. bulgaricus, s. thermophilus, l. acidophilus).
This product is manufactured in a facility that manipulates products containing soy and milk.
The yogurt used to determine the nutrition facts was made with vitamin A & D fortified 2% milk.
Keep in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 1/4 packet (1.2 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 24|
|Amount Per Serving||Yogurt Starter||1 cup (245 g) Prepared yogurt|
|Calories from Fat||0||45|
|% Daily Value**|
|Total Fat||0 g*||0%||8%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%||15%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||0%||4%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%||0%|
|*Amount in Yogurt starter.
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
Review of Yogourmet
Review of Yogourmet
I like this product. My Yogurt maker holds temperature in the low 80's, so the time to make the yogurt is close to 24 hours when starting with the freeze-dried culture. Not a problem, just a bit longer than I expected. The time is less when starting with a spoonful of yogurt instead of the freeze-dried culture. The yogurt is very pleasant, with a mild flavor. The service from iHerb was fast and efficient.
unuseful at all
Posted by 5370344475532493838 on Dec 02, 2016
I make my own yogurt and love this product as it has less ingredients and probiotics.
make your own yogurt
Posted by Reviewer2203534 on Dec 01, 2016
I use this with a yoghurt maker and organic cows milk, and leave it for around 27 hours as I learned when on the scd diet, it helps heal the gut. Makes wonderful yoghurt.
Makes yummy soy yogurt
Posted by 5139139568990975622 on Sep 12, 2016
When I realized that the store bought soy yogurt didn't have any live cultures I decided to make my own at home. This product worked perfectly!
Posted by audreyong63 on Sep 04, 2016
Made a batch of yogurt, worked incredibly well!
Posted by 5556440763872267616 on Aug 14, 2016
I loved that I could make yoghurt and not have a goopy part yoghurt that I was getting with store bought yoghurts as starters. This has some probiotics as well which is an added bonus. In my experience, the milk should not be absolutely cool when adding this starter. I had to leave in a warm oven (only warm, not hot; turned it on on lowest setting for a little bit and turned off, then put in milk with starter) since I think I waited too long for the milk to be cool.