Yogourmet, Multi, Electric Yogurt Maker
By Yogourmet17 Reviews
The Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
5.63 lbs (2.55 kg)
- Product Code: YOG-12107
- UPC Code: 056828121076
- Package Quantity:
- Dimensions: 7.6 x 7.6 x 9.9 in, 3.1 lbs (1.41 kg)
- Important Note:
Plug type: NEMA 5-15
- Home-Made Yogurt The Easy Way
One of the largest capacity yogurt makers available on the market at 2 quarts/2 liters and the only one that uses a "water bath" system to create an even heating wall around the inner container to maintain a precise temperature.
The Yogourmet Multi system includes:
- Electric yogurt maker
- 2 quarts/ 2 liters capacity inner container with seal-tight lid. Made of food grade plastic and dishwasher safe
- Precision thermometer
- Cotton bag - yogurt cheese strainer
- Full instructions manual in English, Spanish and French
Plug type: NEMA 5-15
One Year Factory Warranty
- You can make great tasting 100% natural home-made yogurt with live and active cultures in only 4 hours
- Easy to use and inexpensive, about half the price of store-bought yogurt and higher concentration of live and active cultures compared to store-bought yogurt
- Makes 1 or 2 liters of yogurt at a time
- Home-made yogurt can stay fresh for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator
- Ideal for preparing healthy meals for your family. Thousand possibilities of healthy desserts, smoothies, dips, dressing, etc...
With the Yogourmet Multi system you can make:
- Delicious yogurt with cow, soy or goat's milk
- Yogurt cheese spreads
- Probiotic yogurt with Yogourmet CBA yogurt starter. This starter contains two additional strains (Casei to help boost immunity & Bifidus to promote regularity) of beneficial cultures in addition to the strains found in our original yogurt starter.
Yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, phosphorous, vitamin B2 and vitamin B12. Due to the fermentation process, yogurt contains low levels of lactose rendering itself tolerable to those who are lactose sensitive. Several studies indicate yogurt with live and active cultures may help boost the immune system, promote regularity and maybe helpful in the battle against gastric ulcers, osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, diarrhea, IBS and obesity. Life is better with yogurt!
Yogourmet yogurt starter: The other part of the Yogourmet Multi System.
Yogourmet freeze-dried yogurt starter is formulated to produce the world's finest quality yogurt. It assures you of the same consistent quality and great tasting yogurt with live and active cultures time after time.
4 easy steps to Yogourmet yogurt with live and active cultures
- Slowly heat 2 liters (2 quarts of milk to 180°F (82°C) or bring to boiling point. Then let cool to 108-112°F (42-44°C).
- Dissolve 10 g of Yogourmet yogurt starter with a small amount of lukewarm milk in a cup, then pour back in the inner container with the rest of the milk and mix well.
- Put the container in the yogurt maker and let incubate 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until yogurt has reached desired firmness.
- Refrigerate to stop incubation.
Household use only
iHerb Customer Reviews
International buyers need to be aware that the voltage setting is 110V. I had to buy a step-down transformer to make use of it here in Singapore. High quality yoghurt though, all the time, with their probiotic starter.
This is a great yogurt maker, I was worried about yet another appliance going unused but I use it a lot. Very easy, makes a lot without having a bunch of those little cups, and extremely economical if you compare it to buying store- bought quarts. I leave mine on for at least 24 hrs. according to the SCD guidelines to eliminate lactose. Just make sure to stir the milk a lot while boiling and cooling to get an accurate temperature reading. Also, iherb.com matched a sales price in my area which was great. I prefer to do business with iherb.com cause I know how great their service is!!