Yogourmet, Multi, Electric Yogurt Maker, 1 Yogurt Maker (Discontinued Item)
- Home-Made Yogurt the Easy Way
One of the largest capacity yogurt makers available on the market at 2 quarts/2 liters and the only one that uses a "water bath" system to create an even heating wall around the inner container to maintain a precise temperature.
- Economical (about half the price of store-bought yogurt)
- Higher concentration of live and active cultures (compared to store-bought yogurt)
- Ecological (reuse of the container)
- Incubation between 4 and 4 1/2 hours (for the original Yogourmet yogurt starter)
- One (1) year factory warranty
- You can make great tasting 100% natural home-made yogurt
- Easy to use
- Makes 1 or 2 liters of yogurt at a time
- Can stay fresh for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator
- Ideal for preparing healthy meals for your family. Thousand possibilities of healthy desserts, smoothies, dips, dressing, etc.
- Delicious yogurt with cow, soy or goat's milk
- Yogurt cheese spreads
- Probiotic yogurt with Yogourmet Casei Bifidus Acidophilus (CBA) yogurt starter. This starter contains two additional strains (Casei to help boost immunity & Bifidus to promote regularity) of beneficial cultures in addition to the strains found in our original yogurt starter.
Yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, phosphorous, vitamin B2 and vitamin B12. Due to the fermentation process, yogurt contains low levels of lactose rendering itself tolerable to those who are lactose sensitive.
Several studies indicate yogurt with live and active cultures may help boost the immune system, promote regularity and maybe helpful in the battle against gastric ulcers, osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, diarrhea, IBS and obesity.
Life is better with yogurt!
Yogourmet yogurt starter: The other part of the Yogourmet Multi System.
Yogourmet freeze-dried yogurt starter is formulated to produce the world's finest quality yogurt. It assures you of the same consistent quality and great tasting yogurt with live and active cultures time after time.
- 2 quarts/ 2 litres capacity inner container with seal-tight lid. Made of code 5 food-grade Polypropylene (BPA-free) and dishwasher safe (upper basket)
- Precision thermometer
- Cotton bag - yogurt cheese strainer
- Full instructions manual in English, Spanish and French
4 easy steps of yogurt making with Yogourmet's yogurt culture*
- Slowly heat 2 liters (2 quarts of milk to 180°F (82°C) or bring to boiling point. Then let cool to 108-112°F (42-44°C)
- Dissolve 10 g of Yogourmet yogurt starter with a small amount of lukewarm milk in a cup, then pour back in the inner container with the rest of the milk and mix well.
- Pour warm water in the yogurt maker. (see the instruction manual) Put the container in the yogurt maker and let incubate 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until yogurt has reached desired firmness.
- Refrigerate to stop incubation.
* For yogurt culture with probiotics and other products featured in the Yogourmet range, see the instructions for use on the package.
Summary description only. Please refer to the instruction manual.
Household use only
International buyers need to be aware that the voltage setting is 110V. I had to buy a step-down transformer to make use of it here in Singapore. High quality yoghurt though, all the time, with their probiotic starter.
This is the most stupidly designed item I have ever seen. There is no way of getting hold of the outer lid so that it can be lifted off. The whole pot has to be held under one's arm and the lid forced off using one's fingernails. And once the lid is finally off there is no way of getting a grip on the inner lid so as to be able to lift the pot out. Avoid this product and find something that can be used without a titanic struggle that risks dropping the thing and spilling your yogurt all over the floor.
Posted by 4661556772345708248 on Sep 16, 2015
Great yogurt maker. Had to buy a converter for the voltage. Had to buy as well a light dimmer due to the maker not being able to keep a low temperature as they all have a tendency to heat up.
Posted by 5686205164739613149 on Aug 06, 2015
I love this yogurt maker, it is pretty simple to operate. I like to make the yogurt in one big batch and not mess around with lots of of small jars. So far every yogurt batch has great results. And soy milk also.
package was never delivered )-:
Posted by Reviewer3112999 on Aug 04, 2015
although DHL Int. charged me for shipping to my home town the package was never delivered. DHL rep called me asking for extra fee since the package had arrived at some other place!? I contacted customer service again and again but couldn't get a reasonable explanation. So i finally gave up. I lost $92.03 and i learned my lesson - no more DHL
Posted by 4641787889675886082 on Dec 30, 2013
I find it takes much longer to make the yogurt than 4.5 hours. But it's excellent tasting. I like it very much and have sent the information to a friend who will likely order one. Thanks