Boericke & Tafel, SssstingStop, Natural Gel with Citronella, Topical Gel, 2.75 oz
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
- Fast Relief for Itch & Pain of Insect Bites
- Great for Cold Sores & Fever Blisters
- Clinically Tested
- Absorbs Quickly
- No Animal Testing or By-Products
- Safe & Effective
- Natural Homeopathic
- Relieves Itch • Pain • Redness of Insect Bites/Stings
SssstingStop gel with Citronella is a natural, clinically proven treatment for the itch, pain, and redness of insect bites and stings. It contains no hydrocortisone, antihistamines, DEET or synthetic medications.
Ssssting Stop gel is also effective for fever blisters and cold sores. It also alleviates the itch and pain of poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac.
- Temporarily relieves the pain, itch, redness and swelling of minor insect bites and stings (ants, bees, mosquitos, wasps, etc.)
- Soothes fever blisters and cold sores.
- Adults & children 2 years of age and older: apply to affected area. Repeat as needed.
- Children under 2 years of age: consult a doctor.
- Patch test recommended on sensitive skin.
- For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not use if hypersensitive to any ingredients in this product.
- In case of deep cuts or puncture wounds, animal bites consult a physician.
- In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Skin irritation, rash or other allergic reactions develops.
- Condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days. These could be a sign of a serious condition.
Nursing women should not apply to breast area.
Keep out of reach of children.
- To open: unscrew cap, puncture tube seal, screw cap back on tube.
- Safety sealed for your protection. Do not use if tube seal is broken.
- Store at room temperature 20-25° (68-77°) in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
|Echinacea angustifolia 1X HPUS* 10%||Inflammation|
|Ledum palustre 1X HPUS* 10%||Pain and itch|
|Urtica dioica 1X HPUS* 10%||Pain and itch|
|*This ingredient is included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States (HPUS).|
|Inactive ingredients: Carbomer, citronella oil, ethyl alcohol, eucalyptus oil, jojoba oil, purified water, sodium hydroxide, witch hazel.|
I have been using this product for years and found it to be excellent. A must have wile hiking.
I had high hopes for this product since I seem to be allergic to mosquito bites and end up with huge welts that itch for weeks. The product is greasy and hard to put a bandage over because it won't stick. The itching continued despite repeated applications. Oh well. However, I tried Silver Salve on the welts, which was absorbed quickly, and the itching stopped dead within minutes!
Could be better
Posted by 5588481098392099935 on Dec 21, 2016
This balm is not as effective as one you can buy in a pharmacy. However, it helps a bit against mosquitoes bites, so I'll use it in summer.
Posted by Reviewer1340097 on Oct 26, 2016
works on most insect bites. It stops the itching quickly.
Posted by 5639842337531305167 on Aug 29, 2016
It really works. It relieves itchiness of mosquito bites almost instantly after application! The welt was also gone after 1 day!!! Have recommended my friends to use it!
No longer afraid of being outside!
Posted by 5339673723324303090 on May 24, 2016
Left unattended, if I get bitten by a midge (soft-bodied black biting insect, smaller than mozzies), the site of the bite becomes a ridiculously enormous hot, swollen, tortuously itchy welt. The irritation lasts for a couple of weeks, and sometimes scars. Certainly puts me off spending time outdoors. Enter my saviour, SssstingStop - if I manage to get some of this gel on within a few minutes of being bitten, the irritation reduces almost immediately, and with repeat applications a few times a day, within a couple of days has essentially disappeared. Needless to say, I decant a small amount into a little vial which I take with me wherever I go! I was a little hesitant at first, being a bit dubious about the efficacy of "homeopathic" remedies - but having tried this stuff first hand now, I'm a firm believer. I don't care whether it's the minute amount of "active" ingredient, or the "carrier" ingredients in the gel, all I care is that it works.