DeLallo, Orzo No. 65, 100% Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz (454 g)
By DeLallo6 Reviews
Expiration Date: Nov 2016
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
Shipping Weight: 1.18 lbs (0.54 kg)
- Product Code: LAL-50892
- UPC Code: 072368508924
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (454 g)
- Dimensions: 2.2 x 3.5 x 6.1 in, 1 lbs (0.45 kg)
- Since 1950
- 100% Organic
- Made in Italy
- Cook 9 Min.
- Made With Bronze Plates
- USDA Organic
- 100% Whole Grains- 20 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by ICEA
Our authentic Italian, whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia, Italy, where climate & soil produce premium organic grain.
Expertly milled, our whole wheat flour is finely ground for the texture of semolina, while retaining all of its healthy, whole wheat goodness. The flour is kneaded slowly with cool, spring water and extruded using bronze plates. The unique, coarse surface that results will hug your favorite sauce & enhance the flavor of your dish.
With a traditional method of slow drying at low temperatures, DeLallo pasta retains its fresh-bread taste and cools "al dente" every time.
At DeLallo, we use only one ingredient: 100% organic whole wheat. No additives or enriched flour.
Orzo means "barley" in Italian, referring to its small, barley-like shape. Not just a soup cut, this versatile pastina stars in salads and sautés.
Pasta by the Pound
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Before pasta, add approx. 1/4-cup salt, never oil.
- Add pasta to water and stir.
- To bring water back to a boil, cover with lid.
- Once boiling, remove lid, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook for approx. 9 minutes.
- Drain (never rinse) and immediately toss with desired sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook together for about 2 minutes on high heat to marry flavors, and serve.
- Cooking pasta is not an exact science. Continually check your pasta for al dente texture.
- Remove pasta from water just before it is done, as it will continue to cook once drained.
- Save 1-2 cups of pasta water to enhance your sauces.
- For oil-based sauces, adding pasta water smoothes & loosens sauce to help coat pasta.
- For red sauces, adding pasta water helps to extend thicker sauces.
Organic whole wheat semolina.
|Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: About 8|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Values*|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less Than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less Than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less Than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less Than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
iHerb Customer Reviews
I and my children love this kind of pasta and it's whole wheat - what could be better:) P.S. This Orzo is little bigger than others.
Very nice pasta, great for light meals. Look forward using it alot!