DeLallo, Penne Rigate No. 36, 100% Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz (454 g)
By DeLallo20 Reviews
Expiration Date: Oct 2016
Shipping Weight: 1.18 lbs (0.54 kg)
- Product Code: LAL-50855
- UPC Code: 072368508559
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (454 g)
- Dimensions: 3.2 x 4.3 x 6.5 in, 1 lbs (0.45 kg)
- Since 1950
- 100% Organic
- Cook 11 Min.
- Made with Bronze Plates
- 100% Whole Grain 20 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by ICEA
Our authentic Italian, whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia, Italy, where climate & soil produce premium, organic grain.
This grain is expertly milled with the texture of semolina for a superior feel & flavor, while retaining all its healthy, whole wheat goodness.
At DeLallo, we take time with your pasta. Our dough is slow kneaded with cool, spring water and dried at low temperatures, so that your pasta keeps its fresh-bread taste and cooks "al dente" every time.
At DeLallo, we use only one ingredient: 100% organic whole wheat. No additives or enriched flour.
Translated as "pen with ridges," this popular pasta cut is cylindrical & textured with angled ends to scoop your sauce—a specialty of Campania, Italy.
Pasta by the Pound
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Before pasta, add approx. 1/4 cup salt, never oil.
- Add pasta to water and stir.
- To bring water back to a boil, cover with lid.
- Once boiling, remove lid, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook for approx. 11 minutes.
- Drain (never rinse) and immediately toss with desired sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook together for about 2 minutes on high heat to marry flavors, and serve.
- Cooking pasta is not an exact science. Continually check your pasta for al dente texture.
- Remove pasta from water just before it is done, as it will continue to cook once drained.
- Save 1-2 cups of pasta water to enhance your sauces.
- For oil-based sauces, adding pasta water smoothes & loosens sauce to help coat pasta.
- For red sauces, adding pasta water helps to extend thicker sauces.
Organic whole wheat semolina.
|Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Values*|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. You daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
iHerb Customer Reviews
it doesnt have the consistency of regular pasta, but still good in sauce
Whole wheat pasta will never taste like regular pasta. First time I tried it i didn't like it, but I'm slowly liking it. It helped to use a strong and flavourful sauce initially to mask some of the "whole wheat taste" which I wasn't quite used to yet. I would repurchase this.